SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

I thank you for your time in reading this post.

This site has been tested in Opera/Mozilla/IE/NS and is found to be suitable.

There might be problems I haven't discovered.
    I would need your opinions on the design, the way information is displayed, navigational tips, user interface, etc.

Thanks..and be sure to include your browser/connection/monitor color depth/resolution/operating system. thanks

Finally, the URL is http://nortiq.com

Thank you sitepoint~!

Last Updated :: The last Edited Time =)
    - I've chnaged misc to map at the Top Navigational Menu. The purpose is for a Detailed Site Map and navigational tips.
    - Enlarged the Arrows under Nortiq Chronicle as Goober as suggested
    <Edited by lynlimz on 02-04-2001 at 09:49 PM>
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world."
    -- Albert Einstein

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lynlimz,

Hello! long time no see!

Well, i'll cut the chit-chat and get to the review.

Suh-weet.

Some big highlights of the site:
    • I like the 'grid' sort of background on the main section.
    • Everything is easily accessible.
    • The login space ont he page does not interfere with the content, yet is easy to get to.
    • Navigation is very accessible, and very easy to use.
    • The graphic design is the best I've seen so far. It looks professional and technical, the way a web site of that nature SHOULD look.

Okay, now for some tips:
    • Your main problem with your navigation is consistency.
    • I would suggest changing the left-hand navigation bar to be formatted the same way as the 'site features' section within it. For example, make the 'text newsletter' formatted with the blue dots and inside a table.
    • Also, take away the grey bar and format the way i mentioned above. If will help reinforce the elements of your site design. The grey looks somewhat out of place.
    • One last thing: I would suggest making the arrow links under 'nortiq chrinicle' section larger, as they were hard to click on.

All in all, this is probably the best web site i ever had the chance to review. Keep up the good work!
    Sean Killeen [LinkedIn] [Twitter] [Web]

Warning: Reality.sys corrupted. Universe halted. Reboot? (Y/N)

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IE 5.0, Win98
    1024x768:32bit

Beautiful design! Very professional and complex looking. I don't think I've ever seen black and white mixed so well, it looks fantastic!

Most of the text looks very small though, and is a little hard to read. "where creativity knows no boundaries" in the logo is a little too small on my screen.

I think the two navigational menus on the left and the top is a little confusing. Browsers may miss one of them, esp. if they are in a hurry.

You have a well written privacy policy and terms of service and a good support sections.

I had a little trouble (and still have) finding out what exactly you offer. Perhaps you can define your services/goals or whatever on the main page? There still is a lot of space on that page.

Overall, the backend looks solid, the design is also eye catching. I would perhaps try to make that a little less complicated.

Arpith

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very good job!

Random thoughts:

The left column is too wide, it looks a little off because of that.

Add some more color to liven the page up. Maybe a dark shade of blue would improve things.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Guys,

Sorry. I was away for a day.
    Thanks for all the reviews. It has indeed been valuable to the current design of the site.

I'm glad I've rliminated some of the problems like 'too much information on a page'

Let me explain a few problems you have experienced.
    The left navigational bar was designed to support 800 by 600, and 1024 by 768

Unfortunately, beyond that resolution, the left navigational bar is indeed been really wide. I guess thats a form of resolution incompatibility with larger resolutions. Do you have any ideas of which that migth be resolved?

Hmm..Regaridng the About Nortiq....thats where you can view what Nortiq does. We are currently building on traffic, and hence the addition of reviews and articles as in my point of view, they attract the most visitors.

Thanks goober for your review.
    I'll definitely enlarge the arrows ( I'm glad you mentioned it! )
    For the left navigation, I have a few problems..and maybe you mgith want to give me some suggestions on it thereafter.

The left navigation has a few levels of attention seeking links.
    The 'navigation' should be the most prominent yet not standing out too much from the rest of the page. This left navigation would hold links within pages of the category. For example, teh support section would hold links from the support section. Therefore, the index page of the entire site should hold the links of general links like privacy policy, about etc.

The comes the site features which should be less noticeable then the 'navigation'
    It holds the secondary elements of nortiq's basic attraction. ( like what I said earlier about what nortiq does )
    ( The primary would be the services, and hence the location at the top right )

And next, naturally would be the newsletter as its the secondary form of getting vivisotrs back to our site.

The last should be enhancing the experience of our visitors and more. So I actually gotten it planned out.

Howevr, as I've said, when the designer does something, he'll definitely understand it right? So I'm here to enhance these points of views.

Goober :: What do you suggest?
    Thanks for ALL your AMAZING reviews.
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world."
    -- Albert Einstein

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +++++++IE5.517"monitor24bit colour1024 x 768T1+++++++++++Overall great design and beatiful page.Really like the black and white feel.Critique:+text seems too small. Its not an easy read.+why not add an image map in top left corner of page over the logo. so users can click home.+something wrong with the home link (top right of pages). The links beside it change colour on mouse-over. but home link does not.+A little unclear about what you actually do. As a user what will this site do for me?+Consider adding the search this site box (or link) on every page. Perhaps under or near the loginpeace
    Rustam Punja, WebMaster/Content Developer
    http://www.dvwt.net
    Bringing Online Education, Internet Access and Broadband to China

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ++++++++IE5.5T117"monitor24bit colour+++++++++Like your site! very professional. Colours and text contrast are good.critiques:=why not add an image map over your logo so users can click home from there as well=Text is a little bit small. Not an easy read.=It is unclear exactly what your mandate it=the Home link and services link in top right Navigation is difficult to find and the mouse over effect does not work for all the links in this nav bar=Why not add the search this site box to every page? Perhaps place it near the login (or wherever you see fit)Overall, great design and well done.Also, thanks for the relevent comments you have provided to me on my websites Peace

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ++++++++IE5.5T117"monitor24bit colour+++++++++Like your site! very professional. Colours and text contrast are good.critiques:=why not add an image map over your logo so users can click home from there as well=Text is a little bit small. Not an easy read.=It is unclear exactly what your mandate it=the Home link and services link in top right Navigation is difficult to find and the mouse over effect does not work for all the links in this nav bar=Why not add the search this site box to every page? Perhaps place it near the login (or wherever you see fit)=Also the contact us link is too difficult to findOverall, great design and well done.Also, thanks for the relevent comments you have provided to me on my websites Peace

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL Sadhu, you just made 3 similar posts...hahaz

Thanks for you review.
    Based on what you have said, here are the following changes.

1) I've fixed the Hover Effect of the Top Right Navigation. I'm puzzled as
    to how these links may be difficult to find? The navigation word is yellow,
    and this is the first menu that is shown when the page is loading.

2) I've changed positions for the Contact Us link at the Left Navigation and
    Bottom Navigation menus. Hope they make a difference to finding these links.

3) I've added a link to the home page when a user clicks on the nortiq logo.

4) I'll do something about the Mandate thing. Haen't come to a solution as
    of yet. This is crucial, and I'm working on it right now.

5) As with the text, it isn't a problem as I have plans for the future which
    would allow users to choose the font size used. ( Through myNortiq )

6) Regarding the search box, I'll think about it. As of now, the left
    navigation menu has enough elements. Furthermore, there is a search link on
    every page in the site.

Thank you for your review. It has brought abot several improvements to the
    site.
    Last edited by lynlimz; Feb 7, 2001 at 07:36.
    -- Albert Einstein

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edit: Nevermind

The post that i originally made here does not matter. It has been resolved. Sorry for taking up forum space.
    Last edited by goober; Feb 7, 2001 at 07:41.
    Sean Killeen [LinkedIn] [Twitter] [Web]

Warning: Reality.sys corrupted. Universe halted. Reboot? (Y/N)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No Problem goober!You can add that image by going to:Your Profile>Edit Options>Click on the Avatar button.From there, you can choose to upload a picture, maximum 50 by 50 and size 20 kb I think.Thanks!
    -- Albert Einstein