SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

I'm looking into commision junction services, and see that they have scanty information about how the system works... I just wanted to know how the "per sale" or "per lead" deals work... basically, when a person clicks a link, what modifications would have to be made to the site to be able to track that link, assure the sale has been completed, notify CJ of the sale ...

and so on..

you get my drift
    cogito, ergo sum

Freelance Web Designer KeithMcL's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When you add the CJ code to your site, every impression, click, lead, sale etc is recorded by CJ and you can generate reports from your CJ control panel.

The only thing is that the merchants have a tendency to change their merchant rates on a regular basis.

Some merchants may reject your application to become an affilate, but most don't.

Setting up merchant links is simple and the reports you can run are detailed enough to be able to tell which ones are working and which aren't.

Definately worth trying them out.

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Keith, you've got me wrong here... I dont want to be an affiliate, I want to join their merchant program

from what I can tell (the little i found off search engines) is that they use the exit page of the signup form to send data to the CJ server to inform them that a sale has been made.. that wont work in cases where sales are processed manually instead of automatically by some system... however, i was hoping to find out if they have some sort of "approval" system so i would approve an affiliate if they really caused a sale, since some times people just fill in the forms for no reason whatsoever...

cogito, ergo sum

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, you can reverse a sale if you think it is not. But you must be 100% sure before you reverse a sale. Otherwise, many of your affiliates will leave you and complain you seriously on the web. I saw many cases.
    Addto! e-commerce and Internet Marketing Directory
    Collects and refers hundreds of ecommerce, internet marketing, and website development solutions and advice to small business owners.
    You can access various domain registration info. too