SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please, I need your co-operation. Review my website DriveSeek.com for load time, errors, colors and other stuff. Please also test whether the search engine works for the combinations of selections, etc.
    TinyPlanet.org
    Discuss and Debate World Events, Politics and Religion.
    Interact and Share your Views with People around the Globe.

SitePoint Enthusiast einstien_ii's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well done, D-Seek!

If this is your first version of design, then I'd say it's a great start. The colors schemes are just perfect and the navigational bar on the left with those icons are simply beautiful.

I also did check the Search with a few combo's and never ran thru any errors.

But, I think, if you can have that sign-up box for that newsletter somewhere top instead of cornering it to the base, I'm sure it will be better noticed.

Also, since your site's aim is to help users search for their requirements, I personally feel that the Search Box can come up somewhere top aligned horizontally.

Anyway, you did a clean job!

Cheers!

Krishna Narayanan
    einstien_ii@zeenext.com
    http://www.talofians.net

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Karishna thanx for your comments but i didn't understand the following, would you explain a bit?

Also, since your site's aim is to help users search for their requirements, I personally feel that the Search Box can come up somewhere top aligned horizontally.
    You mean search box should be added to EACH page of the site? OR only top-aligned at the drive search page?
    TinyPlanet.org

SitePoint Enthusiast einstien_ii's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by DriveSeeker
    Karishna thanx for your comments but i didn't understand the following, would you explain a bit?

[/i]
    What I tried to mention was that you could have the search box in a single row on the top. Something similar to what you find on Altavista! Instead of placing it as a hugebox in the center of the main page.

You can also have it short on the index page and place a link to a custom search.

Do ask me if u still don't follow!

And, its Krishna and not Karishna!

Krishna Narayanan
    einstien_ii@zeenext.com
    http://www.talofians.net

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi and welcome

Comment only
    marginheight and marginwidth are not recognized attributes of the body tag. However, they are used to remove a small border around the edge of the page.
    ----------------

<iframe src="http://ads.bitsonthewire.com/admgriframe.asp?siteid=1171&ad_type=0" width=468 height=60 marginwidth=0 marginheight=0 hspace=0 vspace=0 frameborder=0 scrolling=no>

hspace is not a recognized attribute of the iframe tag.

-----------------------

The use of alt=, accesskey= and longdesc= are not utilized. This is normal until the design is final. But their use is highly recommended at that time.

------------

The multiple nesting of the tables might cause problems on some of the browsers. Be careful.

You have really done some nice work with the forms on this page.

fine job. really nice..

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oops.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know marginheight and marginwidth are NOT recognized body tags, it never works in Navigator 3.0. But it does NOT make a big difference either.

About hspace, this banner code has been pasted as it is (as provided by the banner network). I am NOT responsible for that :-)

About "alt" attribute, i really forgot it. And honestly, I have not idea about accesskey= and longdesc=. Please explain.

I would also like to clear thing. Due to nature of the content, most of the visitors have 4.0+ browsers. Because, most of the internet drives require a 4.0+ browser and 800x600 resolution. So I can safely use these specifications.

I would like more suggestions.
    TinyPlanet.org

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi

accesskey is used to provide the A tag with a key combo that replaces the mouse click.

The following is from a text in my HotDogPro (sausage.com) and is their property.

longdesc gives the location of a long description of the image. This attribute should be used to provide a long description of an image where this would be useful. For example, a painting, graph, or corporate logo could be given a description so that blind and other text-only users can develop a mental picture of the image.

The deprecated hspace and vspace attributes allow an author to suggest horizontal butters and verticle gutters, respectively, around the image. The value must be in pixels and applies to both sides of the image.

peace
    <Edited by edshuck on 02-01-2001 at 03:28 PM>

insert witty comment here
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great site. Liked the color scheme and layout, everything seemed to work fine. Nice work.

Myros
    NeuralStudios.com
    Art, design, development and web management services.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do not have such a deep knowledge of HTML. Because I never work with much of the html coding. Thanx to WYSIWYG editors like Dreamweaver. Once, I tried to work with an HTML editor (Homesite) but couldn't do it. I think Dreamweaver is MUCH better.

Myros (and others), please criticize. Find errors and other wrong stuff in the design.

I would also like to have some comments about the content.
    TinyPlanet.org

Digital Felony
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice site. Lot of good information and content. Colours seemed nice, and no errors. One drawback for me was the amount of sponsors and links around the site, very annoying and they make it slow loading but you need them there I guess! The buttons for the links were good. Good search engine which had no problems or errors with. Over all well done!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've put up two banners (468x60) at the top and bottom AND also a 125x125 banner on the right. THESE banners are the minimum requirements of my banner network to promote my site. About the other two buttons, they are partner links.

If you feel that there is some better solution to get rid of them. Please let me know :-)
    TinyPlanet.org

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good job on your site but you have a lot of space inbetween recomend and link to us other wais it is great

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes I know there is a blank space between recommend and link to us. Any idea what to put there?
    TinyPlanet.org

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    this is a fantastic site, layout is outstanding. Very readable, I give it an A. The only thing I see wrong is the newsletter input box is too small.
    Free Science Homework Help
    http://www.physicsforums.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Should i add polls and forum to the site? What do you think, would people be interested in stuff like that?

Plus, I would like to know about the page load time. Does the site opens up quickly on your PCs? If no, please let me know.

Any other ideas about the site's design?

About the newsletter input box, that was the largest size that fit in that space.
    TinyPlanet.org

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I liked you site quite a lot. I loved the color scheme and the fact that it loaded quickly. The only thing I had a problem with was maybe too much content on the homepage. It seemed a little overwhelming. All in all, very good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I put that much content on the main page because I've the feeling that most people do NOT have an exact idea about Internet Drives. Some quick introduction on the front page may help them a bit.
    TinyPlanet.org