SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello,

I would like to ask experienced web site designers or project managers if you know of a materials or even templates to write down the "business/web site proposal" for a client.
    I am looking for standards/points are in use at this time, to write professional proposal.
    If you know of any web sites that provide this kind of information, please provide the links.
    Any help will be appritiated.

Best Regards,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IMHO, there are three basic, but very important points to cover -
    • What are the clients goals/expectations of the Web site? Don't be satisfied with a vague answer or it may lead to problems. You need clear and MEASURABLE goals, i.e. reduce customer support calls by 10% over the next three months by developing a customer FAQ site. The other reason for goals is that it creates an ending point. If the client finds that they have additional needs then those can be addressed seperatly.
    • Decide on a budget. How much is the client willing to invest? Knowing this upfront will not only help you in reccomending hardware and software, but will also give you an idea of how much time and effort you should invest.
    • Did I mention goals?
    Westmich
    Smart Web Solutions for Smart Clients
    http://www.mindscapecreative.com

Irritability Defined
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you contact Jackman I believe he has some relevant documents which may be able to help you.
    My 2 Cents (or is that 2.2 Cents including GST?)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello..

I currently have a Phase one report that i design for every client that I work for. It was taken from a book called "web style guide". The title of this book is very misleading. It is, in fact, the best 'planning of a web site' reference that I've ever come across. I'd be happy to give more information on the book, send a word Doc, web page, etc. E-Mail me at Sean@interfall.com.

That goes for anyone else who is interested as well..Trust me, you won't be disappointed.

Hope this helped!
    Sean Killeen [LinkedIn] [Twitter] [Web]

Warning: Reality.sys corrupted. Universe halted. Reboot? (Y/N)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Definatley get the goals up front. And from the start tell the client they need to provide content info, photos etc. for the site.

Wish I had a nickle for every project someone wanted something done right away but couldn't or wouldn't provide any content or direction (then get's PO'd when their "wishes" aren't met!)
    Ocean View Host - Affordable web hosting plans for any business.
    Modern Technology, Old Fashioned Value & Service!
    U.S. Merchant Services - Reliable merchant account services for all business!
    Quality People Providing A Quality Service!

Irritability Defined
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by jaiem
    Definatley get the goals up front. And from the start tell the client they need to provide content info, photos etc. for the site.

Wish I had a nickle for every project someone wanted something done right away but couldn't or wouldn't provide any content or direction (then get's PO'd when their "wishes" aren't met!)
    Doesn't that sound familiar

That said, I can't emphasise enough : involve/update your clients every step of the way. If there's something required up-front, then say so straight away.
    My 2 Cents (or is that 2.2 Cents including GST?)