SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

is very happy now :) Itay Neeman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I needed a good topic for this thread so I chose this one, sorry if it is long =)

I run Ambar (http://www.darklights.com/ambar).
    This month we recieved 9 million pageviews and 290,000 unique visits. Our average over a period of time is between 6 - 9 million pv's and 210,000 - 290,000 uniques per month. Now, we dont make much money. I was wondering if anyoen could suggest a good way of us to make more money. Pay per lead isnt so good since most of our users like free stuff, not stuff that cost money. There is also little place to put links except banners. Doubleclick/247 Media don't accept us and Engage gives around 0.17$ CPM gross.

So in short,
    HELP ME!

Thx,
    Itay
    Itay - [email] [icq]
    Darklight Studios - Bringing light into gaming
    Pretzel Wisdom
    - Mine... All Mine! coming soon...

I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaack! Fluffykins's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You need to, ideally try using CPC ads that you know for a fact your visitors would be interested in. You could make these text based so they're more attractive.

For example, you could host some text based ads from gaming sites where you recommend the site, and get paid for each person that visits from your link. Commision Junction is a good place to start here.

Another thing you could try is a newsletter. You could launch a newsletter for plays of the game / nation, and sell ads in it. Get enough subscribers and gaming based sites would probably pay good money to have their ads go out to all your players.

I hope that gives you a good starting point. See you soon on #sitepoint

Ady
    v-technologies - Freelance Goodness.

actualaffiliate
    SitePoint Community Guest
    Making money is pretty hard but you have a wonderful amount of page views and a lot of unique visitors so you should be making some thousands of dollars a month.

I have taken a look at your site and I have to say that it's not designed to make you money. I have experienced that banneradvertising only is only one of the possible methods to earn you money.
    Think of the possibilities that arise if you can be paid to link to free offers. I don't know if you know the principle of affiliate marketing : basically, you put links to other sites and if your visitors do something ( e.g. subscribing to a contest,e-zine,buy something ) you get paid. Your site qualifies to make some serious money ( I estimate 4000 $ a month ) as your audience is very targetted.

I cannot go into details right now but there are offers out there that can bring you some decent money. If you want more information you can always contact me or you can take a look at our site.

Bruno Delepierre
    head of actualaffiliate

http://wwww.actualaffiliate.com - Everything on affiliate marketing

http://www.actualaffiliate.com/websitereview.html - Our free professional website review to learn you how to make ( more ) money with your site

is very happy now :) Itay Neeman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fluff - Thanks, will look into it.

Actual - I would contact you but you have no email or contact info. Use the one I have in my profile to email me please.
    Itay - [email] [icq]
    Darklight Studios - Bringing light into gaming
    Pretzel Wisdom
    - Mine... All Mine! coming soon...