SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi there!

I need a method to pass the Session ID, let's say, PHPSESSID, automatically in an URL.

Instead of type
    <a href="mylink.php?PHPSESSID=<?=PHPSESSID?>">Link</a>

I need a method that concatenates automatically the session id to all <a href> that the page outputs...

This is for a web portal toolkit that I am working, and I am now concerned with users who have disabled cookies in his browsers...

Since the Toolkit outputs many <a> tags with internal links i need to pass the sessionid in all the links for not loose the session...

Anyone have an idea to share with me???

Valter Santos

rooco is my creature (a mix of a bear with a kanguroo)... he is trained in perl, PHP and is getting a java certification right now

Dumb PHP codin' cat
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could recompile PHP with --enable_trans_sid if you run your own server and its not compiled with it already. Other than that you would need to append the id to every link. Or if you on a windows machine you can set it in the php.ini file.
    Please don't PM me with questions.
    Use the forums, that is what they are here for.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Freddy!!

This is not the problem! Since this is for a Toolkit that I will share with others (the first external version will come up in May 2001) I need a method that will not need to many workarounds, since most people outthere don't run their own servers and don't have access to the php.ini file...

The "pass in all urls" method is a little complicated since the user will be able to edit specific parts of html code (to build the portal components) and there is a change that he don't pass the session id in some URLs (with is 100% probably

In the other hand, this method should be transparent to the users of the toolkit...

Valter Santos

rooco is my creature (a mix of a bear with a kanguroo)... he is trained in perl, PHP and is getting a java certification right now