SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As of February 2001, NBCi says they will charge $199 to be reviewed for promotion from the LiveDirectory to the Top Sites Directory, NBCi's premier collection.

Is it worth It?
    How searches are performed on this directory daily?

Peace
    Rustam Punja, WebMaster/Content Developer
    http://www.dvwt.net
    Bringing Online Education, Internet Access and Broadband to China

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a note - I believe they have a discount running right now.

For the introductory rate of just $99 they'll upgrade a listing to the Top Sites Directory within five business days. The fee goes up to $199 after February 15.

Is this a good deal?

Well, I guess that depends upon how much traffic and income you think you might get from it.

In my experience, NBCi has not been a large producer of traffic, even though I hold several top ranking positions there. However, they've been advertising like crazy lately - and if they stick with it eventually it will certainly pay off.

Their main problem at this point is that they are presenting users with a three tier layer of ranked web pages. That's enough to make even the most savy searcher go ga ga.

Hopefully, they will take a lesson from the recently failed Go.com and start begin presenting search results in a simple and easy to follow fashion.
    Editor, J.K. Bowman
    Spider-Food.net

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think NBCI program is not worth right now. You'd better use this money in looksmart or yahoo submission, or other pay-per-click search engines.
    Abc Internet Marketing TV
    Guide to Internet Marketing books and Web Site Promotion Advice, Software, and Service....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm listed in there. I get some traffic from it, but I wouldn't say that it is worth $99. But, perhaps it will be in the future...
    -Nick