User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need some advice regarding file upload/database

Hi,

For example, i have 10 users using a website. And i want each of them to be able to upload files into their own directory as shown below:

User1 -> upload to -> htdocs/filemanager/user1
    User2 -> upload to -> htdocs/filemanager/user2
    so on...

After the upload, they should be able to view the list of files from their directory on the webpage too. (end result would be a simpler version of geocities/any free webhost file manager)

I need some advice on the design of the database and the method of going about to do this. Would appreciate if anyone could show me some examples of codes. I've managed to find some info about uploading files but not on listing of files.

Thanks in advance

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wow

I have used part of the listing from the original Kevin Yank mysql / php 10 chapter lesson.

The entire thing you want is in there. Simplify it, make 10 copies and go for it.

But Kevin is the place to start.

I do not know this htdocs that you mention. I do use .htaccess to protect things and it works ok.

http://www.sitepoint.com/article/pub...mysql-data-web is where the answers probably lie.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    okay thanks

Quote Originally Posted by edshuck
    wow

I have used part of the listing from the original Kevin Yank mysql / php 10 chapter lesson.

The entire thing you want is in there. Simplify it, make 10 copies and go for it.

But Kevin is the place to start.

I do not know this htdocs that you mention. I do use .htaccess to protect things and it works ok.

http://www.sitepoint.com/article/pub...mysql-data-web is where the answers probably lie.