SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there anyway I could get headers from my ezboard and put them on my site using PHP?
    --
    Coolrandomfree- Download stupid movies and do stupid stuff!
    Coolrandomfree Message Boards

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you mean message titles (such as the last 5 messages posted) then it's possible but extremely difficult. You would need to use PHP's fopen function to read in the ezboard page, then write a VERY complicated piece of code to isolate the information you want from that page and 'cut it out' ready for you to use.

I can't think of an easier way to do it - the other option is to dump ezboard and use a full PHP solution such as PHPbb ( http://www.phpbb.com ) - then a simple call to the forum's database would give you the 5 most recent topics or whatever you want.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    freddydoesphp has posted an excellent example of how to easily do this at http://sitepointforums.com/showthrea...threadid=14915

I have setup a message board for my work's intranet and got a lot of help from this thread.

If you have any further questions, I've found it very useful to use the forum search to find other posts to help answer my questions. Many times someone has already asked my question. So I would start there first and see how it goes.
    Joe Eliason
    Just a dog learnin' PHP from cat.