SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have a dilemna- and need some help

One of my clients from a cat-related website has asked me to critique her website for her. I have done so and sent her a long email, but I am not a designer. I did tell her that this website is virtually a mess and it is hard to see that she wants to sell anything on this website. I feel like her webmaster is taking advantage of her by putting out such a poorly designed website for her and charging her for it!

She wants to improve it, and be able to sell things off of it, and she needs advice as to how to go about it. Even her images are not optimized!

Could you take a look at it please and let me know your opinion. I would appreciate it-

http://allaboutcats.cc/

l 0 l silver trophybronze trophy lo0ol's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Eep.

If she wants to sell things off of it, I'd suggest she scrap the entire site and hire someone else to make a new site.

If you want detailed reviews on it you might want to post a thread in the Site Reviews forum.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think there's not much point in putting it up for a site review. It sucks. No two ways about it and I agree - it needs to be wiped off and a new site should be created.

Thing is, if she isn't internet savvy, maybe she shouldn't try to run an ecommerce site? Is there a way for someone who doesn't know their way around the internet to sell stuff via an online store?
    My Web Publishing Blog: B6S.net - I dofollow but don't spam!
    Follow me on Twitter
    My favorite content writer:
    Steve Snedeker

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you want a site review, please post in the Reviews forum. Closing this thread...

http://www.sitepoint.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12