SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question IIS Permission Problems?

I've just wasted off an hour and a half trying to figure out why I cannot get something running on IIS.

I've got a CMS that I've used on one site (which is running fine in localhost) and to create a new site, I've copied the files and renamed the directory. Then I will (if I can ever get this going) rebuild the CMS with the different site files.

The only problem is, it's not running ... when I go to http://localhost/mysite I get a blank page. <!-- {IsPrivate} --> is all I get when I do a 'view source'. I've searched for information on that but to no avail.

What the heck am I doing wrong??? This site is run off an Access database but I'm not getting JET Database errors or anything so I'm not convinced that permissions is the issue.

I don't know ... I'm not overly experienced with IIS and my head feels like it's going to pop! Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Keep smiling ...
    It makes people wonder what you're up to ...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now this is an interesting one..

Can't say I have run accross this either.

Can you tell us a little more about this? i.e. what server side language are you using?

Al
    .NET Code Monkey

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What is the default page set to? By default its default.asp and a few others (I can't remember). If you aren't using one, perhaps that is it. Usually when there are no files there for the first time it gives you some hokey page.

Try moving your files to a different directory other than c:\inetpub\wwwroot and see what happens, then make a default.asp page and see what happens. By default when IIS is installed its open and clear so it is probably not permission problems.