SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Digital Felony
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,
    I have made a few websites in my time but I have NEVER promoted any. One reason is because I don't know anything about promoting, I did try submitting my site to Yahoo! but that was a long time ago and it still isn't listed. The site I am looking at promoting is actually a forum, it is http://www.ttforums.com , it is called Trash Talk.
    I know banner exchange is a good idea but can I create my banner using Flash and save it as a .swf?
    Please help me.

I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaack! Fluffykins's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can save your banner as an SWF file and ask individual sites to host it, but most link exchange programmes will require it to be a GIF image and kept below a certain filesize.

There are many ways to promote your website, banners are only one of them. I'd strongly suggest you read Matt's article on promoting your site (http://www.promotionbase.com/article.php?aid=7&pid=0) as it's got some great ideas.

Link exchanges and cross-promotion with other sites is a good place to start. You can also try submitting to search engines, and getting your site listed in topic specific directories.

Getting forums off the ground is very hard work, but a great investment. After getting visitors to your site, getting them to participate is a whole different ball game. Get a few friends together to start the ball rolling, and take it from there.

Good luck!

Ady
    v-technologies - Freelance Goodness.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd also first consider who your target market is.

It's great to see your name everywhere but with a limited budget you have to carefully select who you want to target.
    Ocean View Host - Affordable web hosting plans for any business.
    Modern Technology, Old Fashioned Value & Service!
    U.S. Merchant Services - Reliable merchant account services for all business!
    Quality People Providing A Quality Service!