SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any shopping cart supporting user groups?

Hello,
    I want to create a B2B eshop for selling equipment products to different type of clients, such as hotels, clubs, book stores, etc. I would like a shopping cart which supports user groups for targetting specific categories/products. By saying user groups I mean the following: The administrator must be able to register a user/client to a specific usergroup. Every user of this usergroup should see ONLY the categories/products specified for this user group. For example: there is hotel owner user. He should be included in the "Hotel owners" usergroup. When this user logins to the system, he should see ONLY categories/products for hotels.

Does anyone know any such shopping cart? I like X-Cart and digiShop and I have already asked them if they can done this customization for me.

Thank you!

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AceFlex has a B2C and a B2B shopping cart. The B2C also has groups so you could sell to regular consumers then have wholesalers in seperate groups. Great product, but it only runs on Microsoft SQL... a little pricey for my tastes. However, for what you're doing it sounds like it would be perfect.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I checked it out. It's not bad but unfortunately it's for Windows (runs on Microsoft SQL as you said), I want a PHP/mySQL program for Unix machines. I'm waiting for X-Cart developers' quote for this custom mod. Has anyone else here any experience of them? Will they able to make this mod?

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sure they will be able to do it... how much are you willing to pay is the question. Custom programming almost always costs more than just getting a solution that already integrates the feature you're looking for. You might want to check out the list of e-commerce applications:

http://www.sitepoint.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49000

Maybe there's one there that already has the feature you need.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I found a cart that fits my needs: JShop. That's the answer from the admin to my question: "You can limit sections and products to different customer account types in your store.".

Is this shopping cart good? I need a strong e-commerce program. I have done a little research and I have read positive posts. Any real experience?

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Franki
    I think I found a cart that fits my needs: JShop. That's the answer from the admin to my question: "You can limit sections and products to different customer account types in your store.".

Is this shopping cart good? I need a strong e-commerce program. I have done a little research and I have read positive posts. Any real experience?
    I had jshop but it was really unstable and was very limited. I left and went to digishop myself because of the flexibility and customization ability. Not to mention support since im in the us and they are to. I believe they are out of tennessee.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you checked out oscommerce? I am sure there is a hack for what you desire. You might also look at http://oscommerce.snappyserver.com/ - he might be able to help you out.