SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    SitePoint Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    U.S.A
    Posts
    32
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Bat File Help Needed - Hide Dos Window?

    Hey,

    All right I have written a simple script:

    Code:
     
    @echo off
    cd C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! 2
    Start MsgPlus.exe
    CHOICE.COM /N /CY /TY,4 >NUL
    cd C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger
    Start /w msnmsgr.exe
    process -q MsgPlus.exe
    cls
    Now the thing is this opens a ms dos box. I'm wondering if there is a easy way to hide the ms dos window.

    Thanks a ton,
    Will
    God Bless America

  2. #2
    SitePoint Member Thorarinn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Iceland
    Posts
    5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will,

    Make a shortcut to your bat-file and set the "Run" property to "Minimized".

    Cheers

    Thorarinn

  3. #3
    SitePoint Addict
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Posts
    201
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just did a quick search, found a utility here (scroll down to ConsoleTool)
    Parameters:

    /HIDE hides the console window of course.
    /SHOW shows the previously hidden console window.
    /NOMENU removes the system menu from the console window.

    After using one of these parameters your batch files keep running. Make sure to test them properly before using the /HIDE switch.

    Use this commandline utility from within batch or CMD files if you want users not to interfer with or close certain console windows.

    Quite handy for securing Windows NT and Terminal Server login-scripts.

    ConsoleTool is Freeware and provided as is. Use at your own risk !!
    You may freely redistribute ConsoleTool free of charge.

    << Programming by Erik Heijnen erik.heijnen@eh-it.com>>

  4. #4
    Prolific Blogger silver trophy Technosailor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Before These Crowded Streets
    Posts
    9,446
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had this issue at work. Users would close their login script boxes which were bat files set to map each user to their shared network drives. Then they would complain that they couldn't get to their shared drives and I'd have to tell them it was because they closed their login script too quick. It only took me a week and a half before I went looking for a solution. I'll have to look Monday when I get back to work but there's a little library that you put on (in our case the login server) but wherever you're running the batch file and you call the command through the library and you can have it run invisibly.

    Aaron
    Aaron Brazell
    Technosailor



  5. #5
    SitePoint Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    U.S.A
    Posts
    32
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorarinn
    Will,

    Make a shortcut to your bat-file and set the "Run" property to "Minimized".

    Cheers

    Thorarinn
    Been doing that. But really want it to be hidden completely.
    God Bless America

  6. #6
    SitePoint Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    U.S.A
    Posts
    32
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sketch
    We had this issue at work. Users would close their login script boxes which were bat files set to map each user to their shared network drives. Then they would complain that they couldn't get to their shared drives and I'd have to tell them it was because they closed their login script too quick. It only took me a week and a half before I went looking for a solution. I'll have to look Monday when I get back to work but there's a little library that you put on (in our case the login server) but wherever you're running the batch file and you call the command through the library and you can have it run invisibly.

    Aaron
    Sounds cool. That would be great if you could post more info about it next week.

    Thanks a lot,
    Will
    God Bless America

  7. #7
    SitePoint Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    U.S.A
    Posts
    32
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FauxPas
    I just did a quick search, found a utility here (scroll down to ConsoleTool)
    This will work some what. Ok thanks man it hides the dos box.

    Problem is that it cant be used with appz which sucks. That what I realy need but this does work some what so thanks a lot.

    Thanks,
    Will
    Last edited by war59312; Feb 28, 2004 at 20:46.
    God Bless America


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •