User Tag List

Thread: Custom printing

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Custom printing

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this question but... I know many of you have tried promoting your websites by getting your urls printed on pencils, mousepads, etc.

Well, my wife's dog gift basket business sends dog treats in generic paw print boxes. I'd really like to get custom boxes printed with the website url printed on it and logo etc. Have any of you found a place that might be able to do something like this at a reasonable price?

Thanks in advance!

Craig
    Dog Gift Baskets - Doggie Deliveries features dog gift baskets filled with gourmet dog treats.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Craig:

I am a distributor for imprinted products. I am just in the process of setting up a website, but you can look through the draft and see sample pricing. (you will have to drill down past the first couple of pages which are rather blank) This should give you some idea of the pricing you will find. I would use those prices as your "starting point" if are working with local printers. I usually offer discounts off of those prices.

The problem you will find is that whenever you print, you get into price/quantity issues. Most printers require a minimum of 500 or 1000 and you don't really get good pricing until you get into higher quantities.

I have 2 suggestions:

2) www.cafepress.com
    I don't think they have boxes, but you could contact them and ask the question. They allow you to print items one at a time. Your wife could use them to set up a store front for doggie mugs, t-shirts etc too!

2) Buy plain boxes and custom print large labels/stickers. If you come up with a nice design, it will still look really nice (maybe even nicer becuase you can print full color). I've found this to be the most cost effective way to accomplish this type of thing. There is a store here called xpedx that has wholesale pricing on boxes. I'm sure you could order from them online.

My draft site is www.sohositesmart.com (click on soho superstore)

Good luck!

Kelly

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kelly,
    Thanks for the info. I don't mind ordering at least 500 to 1000 boxes, I understand that's part of the process. For that reason, I was thinking CafePress would be too expensive.

Your idea of ordering labels and going with blank boxes is a good one, does anyone know where I could custom print labels then?

Kelly - I checked out your site but couldn't find pricing, was a missing a link?

Thanks again!
    Dog Gift Baskets - Doggie Deliveries features dog gift baskets filled with gourmet dog treats.