SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please review http://www.webquad.com

Hi everybody,

I tried posting out a review request over four days ago and it never got posted for some reason. So, hopefully this one goes through.

Anyway, I would really love to hear your opinions regarding my website at http://www.webquad.com It has been redesigned with new graphics and simplified content.

I am really looking forward to hearing your comments! Thanks,
    Ryan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I always like underlined links, makes it really obvious where to click :-P. The page might look more clean if you added some whitespace bellow the three images above the content. The large purple buttons on various inside pages seem a bit over the top and perhaps retro --the 3D buttons look out of place when the rest of the site is flat. The Quad Network page has a lot of color! I think that page would look nicer if it was toned down a bit. The header looks very nice, as does the site.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can get the page to load.. is it down??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice site, but I am not liking the purple.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    very simple very clean maybe a little bit more graphics could help it....
    Powerful Scripts, Finest Zone, Recommended Hosting, Good Forums, iGraphic Designs
    10,000 hits unique sites (i will link exchange/pm me)We still have space for ads

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Graphics seem blurry. Save them at a little higher resolution and make sure that the html has the proper height and width size attributes.

On the start the tour sections the next has a shadow that is too deep and makes the next tag hard to read.

Design isn't too bad. I would look at the competition and add some of their features.

I would remove the link to download IE 6. Most users know where and how to get that. You don't want your visitors to visit and jump off of your page. If you keep it make it open in a new window.

Just my 2 cents of free advice.
    http://www.eransworld.com -bored look at my boring website

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the top graphic image, but I don't love the colors. Maybe try a blue?

I think you should remove the 'download ie 6' link. Makes the site look rookie.
    ~Ninja

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reviewed Using Opera 7.50.

First Impressions

A little slow to load, especially when compared to other similar sites, over a 1MB connection.

A very nice splash of colour meets the eye on the first page load, though it was not immediately obvious what the site was providing. I had to read the first paragraph to find that out. A small "Web Design Services" underneath the "WebQuad" may well rectify this situation sufficiently, I feel.

Layout and Presentation

Very very few sites get the ratio of graphics to text right. This site, however, has it dead on. There are enough graphics to give the page sparkle, without being intrusive, and very few of the images are pointless, most of them serving a valid purpose. I personally congratulate the designer for that alone. Not an easy task to meet.

Special mention must be made of the quality of the 'tour' images and general presentation. It is this standard which I think the rest of the site should aim to meet. It doesn't quite yet, but it's close.

The animated smiley at the bottom, cheapened the otherwise professional look and feel to the site.

Again, another site which has opted not to include title tags on the text links. I'm not sure of the reason for this new disease but it seems to be becoming more and more commonplace, yet no more excusable.

The question mark image on the Help-Desk page was not of the high quality that is shared by the otherwise high-quality images used throughout the site. Nor, for that matter, were the purple bars on the same page. Both were very jagged and looked as though they had been placed there as an afterthought, again, especially when compared to the other images.

Where extensive text use was found, such as on the "About Us" page, it was well headed, though it was noted that every single paragraph started by talking about yourself, as opposed to talking directly to me, your potential client.

I fail to see the reason why you feel the need to push Internet Explorer at the bottom of your pages. As far as I see, you are just giving one more exit point for your visitors, with little or no return to yourself.

The page titles have very clearly been written with only the search engines in mind. It is my view that seeking search engine success must never take the place of appealing to your visitors and potential clients. A well written site has no need for such trivial tactics and techniques anyway. Weight will be applied to the site naturally.

Colour Use

At first, I wasn't quite sure what to make of the colours. However, they quickly grew on me and gelled into the site to give an overall vibrant and interesting look and feel.

Once again, I can't help pointing out that some of the jagged images are spoiling the otherwise very professional looking design and should, in my view, be given immediate attention.

Suggested Possible Improvements

1. Improve the Quality of the Few Poor Images
    2. Rewrite some of the text to appeal more to me, the customer, as opposed to you, the designer.
    3. Rewrite page titles to make them meaningful should I ever bookmark them.
    4. Remove the smiley and the Internet Explorer download.
    5. Aim to mirror the extremely high quality of the tour area throughout the entire site.
    6. Substitute the purple bars with something a little more creative.

Rating

If I had to rate this site: 8/10. A few very minor alterations could easily make this a first-class site.