SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Images mucking up the CSS?

Hey,

This is the page in question: http://www.eccentrix.com/members/7wires/
    I've used tables for the layout, and the problem is the massive space underneath the tables with the games info. I've used CSS to make the tables scroll - giving it a height of 220px. I've left the actual table height blank as it seemed to muck up the CSS if I changed it...
    It works perfectly without the images (the massive space isn't there), but when I add the images, I get it back. Is there a way I can stop this happening? I've tried giving the table a set height, tried changing the CSS from static to relative & absolute but nothing I've done so far has worked.
    Is it because the images have their own set height that's mucking it up?

I'd appreciate any help, if you need anymore info just ask.

Thanks.

Just Blow It bronze trophy
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Umm...when I look at that page, I don't see empty spaces below those images. I see text laying in the boxes that is the same color as the background and is not visible. It looks the same in IE and firefox.

I'm not sure, but I'm betting it's the way you are linking to the css files which is giving you problems.

Change these lines
    Code:
    <link href="file:///D|/Sites/Seven.Wires.Thin/CSS/left-nav.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">
    <link href="file:///D|/Sites/Seven.Wires.Thin/CSS/main_00.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">
    to this:
    Code:
    <link href="/css/left-nav.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">
    <link href="/css/main_00.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">
    and see if that helps at all.
    Dave Maxwell - Manage Your Site Team Leader
    My favorite YouTube Video! | Star Wars, Dr Suess Style
    Learn how to be ready for The Forums' Move to Discourse

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry, I don't think I was very clear...

I meant, I have the boxes with a seperate scrollbar (which should have a very light blue/silver background) with an image and text in each.

And then, underneath the bottom two boxes, there's a massive dark blue space before the next table with the text "Updates:" in - I want to get rid of that bit of dark blue space as I don't need / want it there.

It disappears when I don't have the images in the white boxes, but when I add them back in, I get that space back.

But thanks for pointing out the way I've linked the CSS.