SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Book, Print-on-Demand, Fulfilment and Delivery

I am convinced that Sitepoint uses some kind of outsourced print-on-demand with fulfilment and delivery service for the books that they publish. I believe that Sitepoint is in Australia and their books are shipped from USA.

OK ... so here's my situation ...

Let say that I already have a book published in my country. Right now, I want to sell it on the web. When I do so, I see that most of my sales would most probably be coming from UK and USA. Of course I have printed copies in the warehouse. But shipping it from my country, Malaysia, would not make a lot of sense. Shipping may cost double the book price or maybe more.

If Sitepoint is doing it, I would like to know who they are doing it with.

Is there a print-on-demand (POD) company that can also do delivery and fulfilment for me?

This way, I can just accept orders over the internet, relay it over to the POD company, and then pay the POD. Then the POD company will just print the book and fulfill the order. This way the book is shipped from a nearer location.

Right now, I found POD companies, I found fulfilment companies where I would have to send them my products or books. But I haven't found both. It would be great if there's a company that does both.

Oh yeah ... before anything, I already have the book published with ISBN and all. So I don't need help on publishing the book or marketing it or anything like that.

So you guys ... please help.
    Iszuddin Ismail
    http://moneyclicking.net

SitePoint Cofounder Mark Harbottle's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am convinced that Sitepoint uses some kind of outsourced print-on-demand with fulfilment and delivery service for the books that they publish.
    Not true! We do not use print on demand. We print the books at one location and ship them from another. We've found the turnaround time using POD to be too slow. We'd prefer to pay extra to guarantee our customers get their books shipped out on the same day. In most cases we can get our books to customers quicker than Amazon.com.

However if you wish to go down this path, I would definitely recommend Deharts.com for POD and fulfillment. They do both. Ask for James.

Mark.
    Mark Harbottle - Co-Founder
    sitepoint.com - Master The Web!

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mark,

Thanks for the info. And sorry about my wrong understanding.
    Iszuddin Ismail
    http://moneyclicking.net