SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi!

I'm not sure if this is the correct forum to post in, so if I'm posting in the wrong forum, I apologize for any inconvenience caused to the mods.

I recently gave my previous webhost, a termination notice, asking them to stop my account effective Feb 1. I've moved server tor ackspace, for want of better support, and I'm totally happy with them.

However, my old webhost, colossus.net gave me a bill of more than $1000 for the month of January, for excess data transfer, which is total **** since there has been no activity on my server whatsoever (everything has been moved to rackspace). What should I do now? How do I get my money back? I've talked to my bank and the guy said that this is quite normal.

Any ideas?

Adolescent Adulthood - Learn All ABout Flirting, Dating And Dumping.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello,

Unfortunately for the merchant, consumers are more safe than anyone in the entire process. If you know for sure that it is wrong I suggest contacting them via telephone for proof of the charges. If the charges are not correct, you can always charge back the charges if they will not refund you. You will then probably have no problems, as it will go back on the merchant, but make sure that the charges are not ligament.

Hope this helps.
    www.gotmerchant.com - an online guide to merchant account service for any business looking to accept credit cards. The site has helped thousands understand the service and protect themselves from unethical sales reps.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. Will do.
    Adolescent Adulthood - Learn All ABout Flirting, Dating And Dumping.