SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok, ok, ok, i should read the webmaster's base articles but the fact is that i have read some and it's not getting in my head!.I don't understand at all.What is My Sql.I understood that it is a database.What's a database? Is it a language ?.Is it a program ??.How does it work ??.What's the advantage using it ???.What's php ?.Is it only a language like
    <href=http://www.areacool.com ......

????

PLease tell me ,i need those things for my web site!

Brian

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All of the answers to your questions are explained at length and in very clear terms in my article, Building a Database-Driven Website using PHP and MySQL. A couple of relevant passages:

PHP is a server-side scripting language that lets you insert instructions into your Web pages that your Web server software (be it Apache, Personal Web Server, or whatever) will execute before sending those pages to a browser that requests them.
    A database server (in our case, MySQL) is a program that can store large amounts of information in an organized format that is easily accessible from scripting languages like PHP. For example, you could tell PHP to look in the database for a list of jokes that you’d like to appear on your Web site.
    You can't expect to understand every new concept the first time you encounter it. Take your time, read through the article. Trust me -- all the shortcuts that you can take have been taken in that article.

I'm not going to be able to explain these concepts to you in less time or in clearer terms in these forums. To exect as much would be a waste of time for both of us.
    <Edited by kyank on 01-24-2001 at 12:06 AM>
    Kevin Yank
    CTO, sitepoint.com
    I wrote: Simply JavaScript | BYO PHP/MySQL | Tech Times | Editize
    Baby’s got back—a hard back, that is: The Ultimate CSS Reference