Be gentle, this is my first post.

I use my web site http://www.whysod.com as an on-line brochure so potential customers can become familiar enough with what I do that they'll call and schedule. In spite of the fact that it doesn't look very professional (and I guess it's not supposed to), I get a lot of compliments? I also get a lot of thank-you's for all the information I put into it.

When I'm busy I'm usually out 8 to 12 hours a day so I rarely have time to work on it except in my slow months. It's been a learn as you go project. This year I hope to completely re-write it so the content makes more sense. I'd like to integrate css into it. I plan reduce the size/loading time of the Photos and graphics. And I plan to optimize it for, and start submitting it to search engines. Whew...

I mostly confuse myself with HotDog 5.5. For quick editing I use HomeSite 4.0. Lately I've been trying to figure out Adobe GoLive 5.0 without much success. (Is it me, or do their tutorials suck?)

For several weeks I've been trying to figure out how to use a form on my web site to schedule jobs. I've read several tutorials, but I'm still confused. I put together a prototype at http://www.whysod.com/schedule.html. I plan to add some marketing survey questions and fix the css before I start using it.

Except for 3 time/date choices, it has the same fields as the scheduling form created in WordPerfect 8. I'm having trouble trying to integrate the data into a merge file. (So I can print it in a similar layout to the forms I'll continue to fill-in by hand as people call to schedule.)

I downloaded evaluation copies of a couple of mail-to utility programs. But none of them seem to do what I want them to do. I truly dislike the lack of formatting codes in Word 2000, don't much care for Outlook and never invested the time to learn dbase programs. (But getting there is more important than how I get there.) Does anyone have a favorite mail-to program, or am I barking up the wrong tree?

Until a few days ago I didn't even know what cgi was. And I haven't checked with my hosting company to see if I can even use it. Is cgi the way to go about it? If so, are there any easy to use programs that will get me where I want to be? Any other suggestions?

Thanks, Rick Hardy

<Edited by frh on 01-23-2001 at 01:50 AM>