User Tag List

Hybrid View

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

remove text from graphic?

Hi, how do you remove text from a graphic? I have just downloaded a website template with graphics that say "your logo here" and I want to remove that and add my own. The graphic is multiple color, so just replacing with a color does not work. Probably an easy solution, but I'm new to graphics and having a tough time. Thanks.
    Kris

Always A Novice bronze trophy
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, they should have given you a psd file so that you can us photoshop and change the text. If you do not have photoshop, ask someone on this forum to change the text for you. Its really simple as long as you have photoshop.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by K. Wolfe
    Well, they should have given you a psd file so that you can us photoshop and change the text. If you do not have photoshop, ask someone on this forum to change the text for you. Its really simple as long as you have photoshop.
    That was simple, thanks. But now I can't save the image as the exact same image with the new text. When I save for web, the html has the images as different sections of the web page, that don't fit right. Any suggestions?

Kris

Always A Novice bronze trophy
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    umm, then I am assuming you sliced the image? Just crop the image down to the exact file as it was in the site(I am assuming the header.) Go into the image directory of the zip file they gave you, open up the header image that contains the text you saved. Crop the edited image down to the exact size and position as the original and overwrite the old one(make sure you close the old one out of photoshop first so you can save it ).

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by K. Wolfe
    umm, then I am assuming you sliced the image? Just crop the image down to the exact file as it was in the site(I am assuming the header.) Go into the image directory of the zip file they gave you, open up the header image that contains the text you saved. Crop the edited image down to the exact size and position as the original and overwrite the old one(make sure you close the old one out of photoshop first so you can save it ).
    Thanks!