SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Hybrid View

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a form where users enter their email address and up to 4 sets of numbers. All of these entries are in different input statements. Beside this form, there is some instructions on what to enter into the 4 input boxes.

My problem is that since these input lines are in a small frame, space is limited to only 4 number boxes... when those fields are filled, the user must submit. Here's where it gets tricky. Users have complained that in order to enter in more than 4 sets of numbers, they have to go from the success page (submit exits frame and redirets to success page), back to the page that loads the frame and must re-enter their search criteria.

Is there a way to make it so if a person submits their 4 sets of numbers, the form gets processed (via formmail) and the user is shown a blank set of 4 entry boxes with a revised set of instructions.

So basically, its like an onsubmit code that targets itself to clear the input boxes and change a block of text.

I'm sorry that this is kinda weird but I can't explain it in any other way.

If you need me to explain things a bit more, let me know and I'll see if I can make a visual to clear up what the input lines and textbox look like.

Any input is greatly appreciated!!
    Jason Dulberg
    Extreme MTB
    http://extreme.nas.net

JavaScript Guru (Big Ego) Arielladog's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey,

I hate to say this, but I'm confused Can you explain better or show us an example

aDog

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I appreciate your wanting to help but it seems that I've managed to convince my client that what he wants to do is just too much for what the result is gonna be. There's a textarea on there so I just said that if people want to add more numbers, they can just plug 'em into the textarea.

Thanks anyways.
    Jason Dulberg
    Extreme MTB

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A custom script would make this easy; unfortunately, prepackaged scripts like formmail just don't offer that kind of flexibility.
    Kevin Yank
    CTO, sitepoint.com
    I wrote: Simply JavaScript | BYO PHP/MySQL | Tech Times | Editize
    Baby’s got back—a hard back, that is: The Ultimate CSS Reference

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know... formmail is just the script that I'm using to send the info across. I managed to squeeze some more entry fields into the frame so its all good now. Doesn't look as nice but oh well.

Thanks again for your input!
    Jason Dulberg
    Extreme MTB