SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Thread: L90?

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have not heard anybody mention L90 in any of the Webmaster discussion forums recently. While browsing through Yahoo business news, I discovered that L90 was the only Internet ad firm to actually beat expectations last quarter. Instead of firing employees, like other ad firms, they are actually hiring people! Has anybody used them to represent their site? What are the CPM rates like? Do they pay reliably?

Lenny

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure where it was, but somewhere at http://www.gethighforums.com some people were talking bad about them.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heard many bad things about them ... the CPM rates are not terrific, and even (because they charge for use of their ad software) people have been generating negative CPMs, or hardly any CPM revenue ... that's no good. I have heard of very few people having success with this company - but, it's worth a try maybe (do they charge a $2000 setup fee? I thought I overheard that somewhere as well ...)
    Mike Ossendrijver
    Sales, AdSensor - Quality Online Marketing
    mike@adsensor.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, L90 do charge a $2000 setup fee, and an additional CPM charge that pays for their use of their rotation software.

I have also heard mixed reviews about their service from a publisher's POV, but it's certainly a company worth exploring. They currently offer some high-paying "Power-Ads", which are glorified pop-ups, as well as offering support for alternative banner sizes.

Their ad network for medium-sized sites is Zonfire (http://www.zonfire.com).
    Czar - Former SitePoint Alumni

Want to make more money from your website?
    Join Geek/Talk to find out how!