User Tag List

Hybrid View

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello,

I'm making a website to IExplorer. I'll not test it on Netscape.

I'm not a Mac user but I would like to know if there is any difference between the Mac IE and the PC IE.

More: the Verdana font isn't a default font on Mac system. It's true? And Arial?

Thank you.

Irritability Defined
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm curious to know why you're not testing for Netscape, since there is a larger percentage of users on Netscape for Macintosh as compared to PC users (I think the percentage is probably around 60/40 or even 50/50). Unless you're running an Intranet of course

There are quite a few fundamental differences between IE on PC and Macintosh, particularly in the older versions. It's better now with IE 5.01 being very similar on PC and Mac (with the Mac version being even better than the PC); however, older versions of IE from IE 4.5 down on Macintosh were not standards-compliant and were very buggy.

As for the fonts, that is correct. Helvetica, Geneva etc. are the default fonts for Macintosh, though Arial is now being made available for Macintosh in the latest versions of IE, Office and Netscape. Verdana (and other common Microsoft TrueType fonts) are also slowly being made to the Macintosh users.
    My 2 Cents (or is that 2.2 Cents including GST?)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Use Verdana as default if you want, but specifyt secondary fonts too..for my site..I use

font-face: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif;
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world."
    -- Albert Einstein

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you.