SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thumbnail gallery idea

I really like the thumbnail gallery idea in the following Thumbnail Slideshow applet by http://www.6sense.com/applets/thumbshow/
    Only thing the applet seems to be unpredictible in Netscape 4.7 or just doesn't work. I was wondering if anyone knew of a similar applet or any approach (except flash) that could provide the same visual effect without reloading the whole html page. I like how zooming into an image doesn't require loading a different html page.

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That looks very nice, I suggest forgetting about netscape. Not many people use it anymore and the people that do should be punished because it sucks!
    KTM RC8 Forum - Motorcycle message board including KTM RC8 motorcycle for sale secion, RC8 how to's, and technical chat.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah, well I can't tell that to my client... And their home computer is only running Netscape 4.7 so I can't send them a website that doesn't work on their browser of choice. I hate Netscape 4.7 but there are more people than you may think that are still using it. Especially non savy computer people in their late 40s / early 50s.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kelly001
    yeah, well I can't tell that to my client... And their home computer is only running Netscape 4.7 so I can't send them a website that doesn't work on their browser of choice. I hate Netscape 4.7 but there are more people than you may think that are still using it. Especially non savy computer people in their late 40s / early 50s.
    Latest statistics show that only 1-2% of all users are using a Netscape 4.x version. Get your client to update their browser, it is painless and there are many browsers to choose from. The only way that Netscape 4.x will die completely is if it is forced to extinction through lack of support.

One of my sites (a vacation rental cabin) has a fairly high volume of visitors and targets that late 40s plus crowd as they are the one who can afford it. According to Urchin, I have not had one hit from a Netscape 4.x browser in the last year and half. In fact, Netscape in general only accounts for 6.02% of the total hits on the site.
    Never put off until tomorrow what you can do
    the day after tomorrow. ~ Mark Twain