SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

weird CSS issue..

Hello:

Using IE 6/Win (I have build: 6.0.2800) check out: http://www.responsesource.com/csstest/dodgycss.html (just a template right now)

To the right of each block of text there is an unordered list using small orange circles with arrows in them as the <li> tag image. Well you might not see them so refresh your browser a bunch of times and see them appear/dissapear. If you get them to appear, scroll down the page and back up again and the section that was obscured by your browsers toolbar cuts off the icons - even chopping them in half!

Also - run your mouse over the unorderd list that makes up the navigation, this sometimes causes the same issue...

This does not seem to happen with IE5.0/Win IE5.5/Win Or any Gecko browser/Win (NS,FB,Moz) Safari/Mac, IE5.1/Mac (although it's less than perfect on this one )

Ordinarily I wouldn't be worried, but 90% of our users; use Win/IE6.
    If you can replicate the behaviour and have any suggestions, I'd be more than happy to receive them.

Thanks a lot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was able to reproduce the error, but not consistently. I've been able to get it by minimizing/maximizing the window, switching to/from another window, refreshing, etc... Weird.

It looks like the page is confusing the CSS properties you're assigning to the link items. Try simplifying the stylesheet, if possible.
    "There's no justice like angry mob justice!" --Seymour Skinner

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cow
    I was able to reproduce the error, but not consistently. I've been able to get it by minimizing/maximizing the window, switching to/from another window, refreshing, etc... Weird.

Yeah it does that too.... w-e-i-r-d..

I'll try and simplify the stylesheet, that ought to do it. Thanks a lot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I fixed it. I do believe it's to do with the IE6/Win float bug, where to-short-a-width applied to a floated, block-level element causes unpredictable results (Zeldman "working with web standards" pp 289).

I applied a wider width to this class and the bug went away.
    Sorted.