User Tag List

Thread: Navigation

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Navigation

Hi,

I'm pretty new to javascript and lack the knowledge to output a special form of navigation I designed into my forthcoming site's design.

I have my navigation area nested inside lots of tables but the structure of the navigation area itself is like so:

-------
    Level 1
    -------
    Level 2
    -------

When you hover over a link in level1 some sub-links appear in level2 until you move your mouse away. Once the mouse is moved away there is a 3 second delay to give the user time to click one of the links below. So in essence you hover over a link in level1 and sub-links appear below.

I've only found one script which will accomplish this so far and all of the 1000+ lines included hardcoded HTML which I didn't want to delve into.

Could anyone enlighten me or post a function which I can surround my links on level1 in which will make the links below appear.

I have no idea where to go with this and it's a pretty important part of my site to save vertical space

If you could help me out that'd be great!

Thanks in Advance,
    - Dean

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That'll teach me to read things properly.

I rushed off this rather nasty looking vertical menu because I though it was what you were after: DEMO

However, after re-reading your post, I suspect that you meant something like this? MOCKUP

I'll knock up the second version later on if I get chance and nobody beats me to it.

Andy
    From the English nation to a US location.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    THe Mockup was the one i was looking for but someone helped me out in the end. Thanks anyway !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mist
    THe Mockup was the one i was looking for but someone helped me out in the end. Thanks anyway !
    Sorry I didn't get back to you on that. Glad you're sorted though
    From the English nation to a US location.