If you visit http://www.geoworld.org/ref/geog/area/index.php and look at the navigation menu in the top right corner, then click "Control Panel," under "Choose a Theme" you'll see a list of continents and oceans. Clicking "Africa" highlights table rows that denote African nations, while clicking "North America" would highlight Canada, the U.S. and Mexico.

I'd like to rig it so that visitors can apply several style sheets independently. For example, they could choose to highlight North America AND South America, or Africa, Eurasia and Australia.

Similarly, I'd like to be make webpages that let visitors choose various parameters independently. Thus, one set of alternate style sheets might control the background color and design, while another control table colors and a third set control font/text styles.

I found a tutorial for making such a style switcher using PHP, but I haven't been able to make it work yet. In the meantime, someone suggested that JavaScript would be better, because a PHP style switcher would require refreshing the page.

So does anyone know where I can find a tutorial for making a JavaScript multi-style switcher, or a good example I can copy?

Also, do you any idea why my alternate style sheets might get "stuck"? When testing them locally, I often have to refresh the page several times before they work. They usually work fine online, but they don't seem to work on the page URL I referenced above until a few minutes after I first click an alternate style sheet.

Thanks.