SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pop up thad doesn't get stopped by the firebird popup blocker

I got a problem. I'm opening my flash pge in a popup that comes up when the site loads, but the fireburd popup blockers stops it. Anyone got a script that doesn't get blocked?

thanks
    chrome is a wrapper that combines a browser with spyware

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy KLB's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not aware of any tactics that can circumvent popup blockers so that unrequested popups will launch. Nor should there be such a method. Popup ads should go the way of the Dodo bird because of the way they have been abused by so many sites combined with the fact that inappropriate and excessive use of popups has directly lead to many users browsers and/or computers crashing. In addition unrequested popups create an indirect security risk as they have conditioned users to simply click off every popup and alert without reading what the notice is about. This directly routinely leads to inappropriate ActiveX controls and scumware being installed on computers "without the user's knowledge."

Even if you need a popup for a non-advertising purpose, I'd recommend deploying it in such a manner that it is launched when the user requests it as this approach will allow popups with most popup blockers.
    Ken Barbalace: EnvironmentalChemistry.com (Blog, Careers)
    InternetSAR.org
    Volunteers Assist Search and Rescue via Internet
    My Firefox Theme: Classic Compact
    Based onFirefox's default theme but uses much less window space

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok

I would be nice for my site. But then again, it would be bad for the web as you say I worked around it though, still don't popup when I want it to, but it works
    chrome is a wrapper that combines a browser with spyware

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are they clicking a normal, HTML link to open the window? If so, most good pop-up blockers will let it through . . .