SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

problems with IE 6, windows xp

my newly establish site www.thealoeshop.com has problems being displayed properly under IE6, windows XP..(not the index page, but the main page).Ccan anybody give me suggestions into why and any possible solutions. The page works fine under Firebird. Please Help.

Thanks a billion.

Paul

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try changing the <br> tags between the tables at lines 153, 163, 181, 191, 198, 233, and 507 to:
    <br clear="all">

IE is stacking the tables to the right of each other. The clear="all" will force them below each other.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FauxPas
    Try changing the <br> tags between the tables at lines 153, 163, 181, 191, 198, 233, and 507 to:
    <br clear="all">

IE is stacking the tables to the right of each other. The clear="all" will force them below each other.
    Thank you for your reply, i appreciate it. I've tried what you suggested and it didn't seem to work, but line 507 doesn't exist at www.thealoeshop.com/inicio.htm. If you could help me further i would be grateful.

Thanks.

Paul.

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did a view source and those are the line numbers where the <br> tags appear. They will be different for you if you're using SSI or other server-side processing. Try searching your code for </table> tags, and whenever it is followed by a <br>, add the clear="all".

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i've trieid all that and no joy. It's strange however, the second time I load the page (clikcing on the link to that page from another), everything works well. I'll have to look at it again. Thanks for your help. Are there any other possible reasons for this ocurring? Many thanks again.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Found A Solution

Quote Originally Posted by pahayes
    i've trieid all that and no joy. It's strange however, the second time I load the page (clikcing on the link to that page from another), everything works well. I'll have to look at it again. Thanks for your help. Are there any other possible reasons for this ocurring? Many thanks again.
    For some reason, the change in display had something to do with the ALT tags. I loaded the tags with relevant keywords, when i removed a lot of words in the alt tags, it seemed to work...i have no reason why :-) :-).