SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PHP will get you a few jobs...i do the odd bit of contract programming. ASP is more popular, many people still think that ASP and MSSQL is iffinantely more suitbale to a moderate traffic site than PHP and MySQL.
    I really loath those "kids" who can understand c++ at 10...at ten i was trying to work out how on earth this countdown JavaScript worked..never actually programmed anything until 12/13.

I actually refuse to have anything to do with ASP or NT servers..period..i dont care if someone offered me Bill Gates entire wealth to learn one function in ASP i would not do it, its an issue of morals.
    My goal for the next while is to greaten (is that a word?) my knowledge on PHP, and especially MySQL which i am still scratchy on...
    Then i want to do somethign useful with my life...i need a claim to fame! A few more projects worth putting on the profile.
    Chicks...i dont exactly make any effort to "chase them", have a few friends that are girls but its not something that interests me right now...atleast not in the way it interested freddy no doubt!!!

I better stop now before i expose my entire life story, and bore everyone to death in the process...

SiteOptions >> Services :: Products :: Contact
    Developers of PHP, C++, Visual Basic, MySQL, and more!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice looking site!

I have to confess: I'm totally ignorant to all that Wireless stuff. I'll probably buy a WROX book on the subject (or maybe Ben Forta's book? Anyone have any reviews?) and just give it a go.

Seeing as how Wireless programmers are probably fairly rare, it'd be a good thing to know early on.

I'm like you in a sense though, Freddy: I have a lot of trouble learning things just to learn them. I need motiviation, and some kind of deadline. I have problems just reading things and memorizing them.

That said, I hate OOP and classes - they confuse the heck out of me. Functions seem fairly straightforward, but even those confuse me now and then.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As for Java...is it just me or is that a silly language? It took me a few hours in JBuilder just to work out how to get a freggin input box on a form...
    Cross-Platform is its only benefit.

And WML/Wap etc they sound cool but i have no application for them right now. Maybe when school starts again (which is when i have more spare time) then i will have a play with WML.

SiteOptions >> Services :: Products :: Contact
    Developers of PHP, C++, Visual Basic, MySQL, and more!