SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i thought you guys out there could do a review on my site mibstar.com before i add too much stuff and i cant be bothered to change it!!

its a domain i bought and i would be thinking of putting up other sites, mostly personal and some other projects.

i'm planning of putting a pull donw menu at the top right corner with links to those other site... in the future.

anyway, please be harsh! i love critisism.
    ps. i know that the link about:comming-soon... doesnt work on NN.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi there,

wow - that is nice (i especially like the effect on the left hand side ((very cool)) ).

i'm not too fond of the rollover used on the links - the highlight thing.. but i don't know what the others in the forum think...

to be honest - i didn't come across much content... but i suppose it'll fill up gradually as the site's built :)

the logo's cool - but i think you could use some more of the space on the front page more effectively by putting something else there or some sort of 'feature' to make visitors click around a little more....

Also, on the front page the cellspacing on the table is very effective and it seperates the content well - but i've found that in the future this leaves what you can do with it a little restrictive as i'm sure you're likely to want to redesign it again sometime in the future... ;)

hope that help.
    kind regards,
    J.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah looks good, the graphics at top and bottom work well.

Text is clearly laid out but I have to agree with rabsterb, having the whole text block as a link and highlighting is a bit weird. It would look better if just the heading on each topic was the link and had the bold mouseover.

Or maybe have just the heading at first and then have the text description appear when you mouseover the link? could look cool.

Also even though your Projects and Portfolio pages aren't ready yet, you should at least have a return link on them so visitors can get back to the home page from there.

Overall it's looking good!

Don't get too close, I bite! Nicky's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I LOVE your photo, it looks really cool the effects that you have applied to it! I agree that the site is good, I liek the design apart from the whole linkage of the sentences on the right, now you just need content!

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What I often find myself reviewing is the content and be more of a new-features-suggestor than to review design but in this case I just think that the fading out effect on the left is kewl, and in my mind, I think a main menu floating above it would be great. Don't know how to describe it but in my mind the menu sticks out a bit more on the left and right than the fading part. Know what I mean? And if so what do you think?

/Anders

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    <hey!> thanx for all that feed back...

rabsterb: yes i know i need some content.. but that the difficult bit!

honky: thank goodness to css... iŽll be chaging the mouseover soon.

Nicky: i hope you just like the photo!! that the power of The gimp and a non-profesional designer.

Anders: kewl? whats that? i'm not sure.. i dont think i understand. so should i get rid of that? should i replace it with some sort of navigation or should i put a navigation on top? no sure...

cheers

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    kewl = cool,
    And what I suggested is that you put a navigation bar on top of it, that would be superb in my mind.

/Anders

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well every day you learn something new...
    i'll check out to see what i can do

kewl!

Skills to Pay the Bills Sparkie's Avatar
    A cave with 47 computers and an internet feed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What an interesting site.. I dont think I've ever seen another one quite like it, which is great

I like your main graphic (the orange), and your articles are interesting reading. The photograph is really far out, but in an abstract, artsy kinda way. It definitely makes the site look more unique!

I'm not sure about the left hand black graphic..it stands out a bit much, but its your personal site so you're free to be as creative as you please!

Overall a nice visit! I'm curious what mibstar means, maybe you can add that to your FAQ.

Have a great day
    Sherice Jacob - Web Improvement Expert
    Improve Website Conversions | eBook Covers
    Follow Me on Twitter!