SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi,
    following working on projects for free, i've now set up my own site at http://www.flash-i.com

the first intro does take a while to load on slower modems i'm afraid, but i'm working on a preloader for it right now. I'd appreciate suggestions and comments about the site <-- some of which i'd lke to put on the actual site :)

PS. if you've got speakers turn up the volume (sounds used in places)

thanks,
    operator@flash-i.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please review this site. It is a treat!!!

On dsl I am loading slow. The back arrows are not quite right. Had to use the browser back.

I think there are clients that will absolutely consume your product.

The flash folks will have lots of comments. I love the site.

Skills to Pay the Bills Sparkie's Avatar
    A cave with 47 computers and an internet feed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Flash Loading screen blinked a bit too much for my liking. It would be so much smoother if you could make it fade instead.

I love the idea behind the site, that is really cool. Very clever

Where do you get your sound wavs? Those are great! I love the lightning zap one..would like to incorporate something like that on my own site

Overall, I really like it, and I wish there were more links for me to browse!

Guys you have to review this site, it is pawsome!
    Sherice Jacob - Web Improvement Expert
    Improve Website Conversions | eBook Covers
    Follow Me on Twitter!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome flash BTW it loaded instantaneously on my cable modem, but don't make judgements from that about loading speed because I'm connected at an unusually high speed (2500 kbps). Sounds and animation work to a great effect. Very appealing.

Good idea behind the site with "You are in reception stuff", but you have to actually sit through all of the animation to actually get through to the actual info. Yeah, I know it is al very impressive, but it shouldn't delay customers from getting to your actual info every time they visit your site. My suggestion: keep your animations and stuff, because they lay upon a positive impression, bu t make you "Client List", "Services", and "New Business" links available from the start, maybe at the bottom of the flash movie while it it playing, or whatever.

Overall, looks good. Definitely shows off your flash-designing skills, perfect for a flash site.
    Frank L.
    Owner / Editor In Chief, Nintensity
    frank@nintensity.com

"In society, you can have sex for free, or you can have sex for money. The difference is that sex for free will cost more."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The site is very good.

One thing I would say is slow down your fade in and out of your customer's comments and your own comments in the reception area. I hadn't finished reading it before it faded out and the next appeared.

Excellent graphics and sound though.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like this site alot. I read through the other posts and it seems most of the stuff they commented on must have been fixed already because I encountered no problems.

The look of the site is clean with just the right amount of movement to keep one's interest. I would (as others have suggested) slow down the fades a bit especially on the testimonials. They're important, and the readers should be allowed more time to read them before they change.

Also, even though I think Flash web sites are the best thing since sliced bread, I think you should consider giving your viewers the option to view the Flash site or a comparable HTML site. I have heard lots of people say this is their biggest gripe about Flash sites (not having a choice from the beginning of which one to view).

Lighthouse Design Group
    Better Websites...By Design

www.lighthousedesign.net

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great job on the Flash as you've already heard, however...

PLEASE - at least give your viewers a choice. A splash screen that gives the user of a choice between a static site and Flash. Or even better, use Flash for a portfolio section.
    Westmich
    Smart Web Solutions for Smart Clients
    http://www.mindscapecreative.com

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi everyone,
    thanks for the great comments... keep them coming :)

I think the main problem with the site is - is that based in the UK, most of the clients will be on 56k modems such as myself, and i'm worried they won't even get into the site because the intro takes so long/too long to load... originally it was 111k but i've squashed it down removing some of the 'frills' to 90k ...

...but anyway,
    hi sparkie.
    i often find some good sounds at http://www.flashkit.com, or http://www.findsounds.com << if you're into flash then http://www.thelinkz.com is an invaluable resource(if you didn't know about it already ) :)

for navigation i was thinking of simply listing the areas down the right/left of the main content window but i'm thinking it might break up the flow of the site...

thanks again everyone - you got a great bunch here at sitepoint :)

!!**do any of you mind if I use some of these comments on the actual site **!! let me know..

regards,
    J.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey

Good site
    The flash intro blinks to much and the intro takes long to load - nice looking design

You should have a description in the title

How much space did your site take up???