SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi everyone,

I'm Anthony and new to the SitePoint Forums - in fact, I only found out the site existed today! And what a brilliant site it is!

I founded ChilliSeeds.com, one of the fastest-growing celebrity fansite networks on the internet and in a short space of a few months, already control over 1.5 million advert impressions.

What we do, is offer professional-level hosting and support to only the very best celebrity oriented fansites on the internet and in return, they allow us to run our own advertisements across the top of their pages. We then incorporate these sites into our network hub "www.chilliseeds.com" and let themselves and their users post news, share information, play games, send e-cards etc..

I am 18 years old and this is my first successful e-business since I started out around 7 years ago and I really need some helpful advice on how I should go about getting my own advertisers and charging them my own CPM rates.

I have already started to collect demographics of the users throughout the network which is going well and that should be finished by the end of this month.

But I'm not sure how to approach advertisers directly and how to work out what to charge as there are no real competitors who have sample rates. I was thinking that $10CPM should be about right.

90% of my audience are 12-24 year olds and around 60% are male. Around 70% attend highschool. 65% buy goods online and most are interested in movies, music, celebrities and computers/internet.

Thanks in advance for all your help and thanks to everyone who has made this forum such an amazing source for useful information!

PS. I am about to install AdCycle - does anyone know if this is any good? Thanks!

Anthony Hull
    ---------------------------
    Founder & CEO
    ChilliSeeds Fansite Network
    http://www.chilliseeds.com
    It's what you do that counts!

Your Lord and Master, Foamy gold trophy Hierophant's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the Community Anthony.

Have you seen the rest of SitePoint? We offer many resources. I think on of our articles is the start of what you are looking for.

Selling Advertising

This article is written by one of our Co-Founders and he knows what he is talking about. Before SitePoint he ran Webmaster-Resources.com and sold all of his own advertising. This is from starting a site on a free web service and growing from there.
    Wayne Luke
    ------------

I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaack! Fluffykins's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anthony,

I've just install AdCycle myself and I love it. Top class package that does everything I want. Maybe i'm too easily impressed, but compared to the other free ad management systems i've used it's very high class, quality script. The web interface is very easy to use and the tracking options are superb.

If you're selling your own advertising you can allow your advertisers to log in and view their account status. For example the numbers of impressions used, click-thru ratios etc. Another unique selling point.

I hope that helped a bit, about the software anyway. Welcome to the forums and I hope your stay is both beneficial and enjoyable!

Ady

v-technologies - Freelance Goodness.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Anthony,

I don't think that you will have too many problems finding advertisers with:

a) That level of hits
    b) That accuracy of demographics
    c) The use of a good ad management system (AdCycle)

As for approaching advertisers, I find it good to e-mail their contact address, asking to be put in touch with their advertising department or marketing manager regarding advertising on your site. Sometimes you get a reply, sometimes you don't - if you include your level of hits and past advertisers then that might help.

Good luck with it - at 18 years old, and 1.5 million hits a month you'll be the richest teenager I know .
    Football-Punter.co.uk
    The Punter's Lounge - the best football forum on the web.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Guys!

I really appreciate your help!

Best wishes,

Anthony
    It's what you do that counts!