SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shopping card for cellphones

Anyone know which shopping cart would be best suited for selling mobile phones. The customer would need to select a mobile phone first, then enter their zip code, then if a plan were available for that zip code, they'd pick the plans and options. Many variations on how to do this, but I'd like to start first with the phone itself, then have optional carriers to pick from... when you pick one, you get a page to enter your zip code and check it against a list. Finally, you'd then go to the page to pick it. I'm willing to pay for a good commercial shopping cart like Miva or X-Cart if it does this easily. Otherwise, I'm looking for someone to help me build it. Thanks.
    Mike

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would take a look around and see what other cell phone resellers are using.

You may just need to pay for a current cart to be modified or build one from scratch. Be sure to check out www.hotscripts.com.

-Josh
    Josh Ulfers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes - consider buidling one. We are actually in the process of getting a cart built right now for such items. If you are interested - let me know. It should take about 2 months to complete. Using ASP & MS Access with the ability to upgrade.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That sounds interesting, except that I'm a Linux/Unix PHP/Perl site... so that wouldn't work for me.

I have looked at Hotscripts... its just pretty hard to tell which carts can do it without investing a ton of time. The Miva sales guy said that tons of people do mobile phones with MM, but it is big bucks to find out if he is right...
    Mike

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hm well I tried. I will tell you that it has the ability to choose the carrier & the phones or vice versa as well as the accessories to each. If you ever go to Windows - let me know. Another option of course would be just to get Windows hosting for that.

I can still send you the specs if you are interested just to see what it does. Send me a PM with your e-mail.

Good luck!