SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Thread: goemerchant.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What would you think about goemerchant.com? are they good? Will you e-commerce site look unprofessional if you use external link to sell your products? In particurlaly: computer-hardware-selling website. Thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not familiar with that particular service per se.

But the idea of having your customers going outsite your site doesn't sit well with me. It can be confusing, introduce problems and issues beyond your control, and raise concerns of privacy and security. You want to make it easier and safer for customers and reassure any concerns over ordering from you.
    Ocean View Host - Affordable web hosting plans for any business.
    Modern Technology, Old Fashioned Value & Service!
    U.S. Merchant Services - Reliable merchant account services for all business!
    Quality People Providing A Quality Service!

Don't get too close, I bite! Nicky's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree, you see a lot of sites that claimt o be e-commerce but all they are doing is linking to some storefront somwhere and getting an affiliate fee for selling someone else's product. I try and stay away from affiliates and buy things as often as I can from the suppliers.

Payment Acceptance Expert jconley2's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nam,

I have to agree with the other two posts also. I would always suggest going with a Merchant Account Provider that can connect your site up to accept credit cards. There's a number of providers out there and it can be a hassle trying to find the right one. I've setup a site at http://www.merchantseek.com where you can search for a Merchant Account Provider and even research for more information on the topic.

If pricing is a factor I would suggest looking at Merchant Processing Services. You can see their profile on MerchantSeek at http://merchantseek.com/cgi-bin/ms2/...w&msp=lloydmps Their Real-Time solution is only $295, and that's the purchase price (always better to purchase than lease). Along with that their other recurring fees (transaction, discount rate, etc.) are quite low also. They are worth a try. I know Lloyd Katz personally from Merchant Processing Services, he can set you up rather quickly.

If you a non-US merchant http://www.planetpayment.com would be your best option.

Hope this helps!

Regards,
    Jim Conley II
    CEO/Founder
    MerchantSeek.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Nicky
    I agree, you see a lot of sites that claimt o be e-commerce but all they are doing is linking to some storefront somwhere and getting an affiliate fee for selling someone else's product. I try and stay away from affiliates and buy things as often as I can from the suppliers.
    Actually, Nicky, you kind of misundertood my post, I know what you meant, like vstore.com. We have our own products and physical store. I'm helping him to build a ecommerce cuz he wants to sell computer hardwares online. I kind of agree with opinions about goemerchant.com (which he is using right now), that's why I'm looking for the real one right now, so far I might choose phpshop.org or akopia.com for storefront. And thanks jconley2 for the link, I will email them and ask. Any more suggestion would be appreciated, thanks.