SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Do u own a "reseller" website?

Hi there all, i want ask fellow SPF member's the pros and cons of operating a reseller website (white label).

http://www.freestart.plc.uk/whitelabel.php

I am interested in the package the above company is offering. I have little experience of ecommerce websites, i see owing and operating a white label website as a platform to eventually open my own ecommerce website.

I have noticed from some SPF members they have resellers sites to web templates, i like to know how much commission you receive, the level of control u have over the website and technical assistance.(the pros and cons plz).

So fellow SPF members, plz let us know of your experiences.
    Consciousness: That annoying time between naps.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It can be a pain. We are actually a reseller for webhosting. The one that we do business with - we maintain everything via the CP. Our consumers do not have one, but no one has complained. And of course we are responsible for payment.

Right now - we get about $3 per client - but the more we get - the more it becomes. We just started out actually. Once we get 200 clients for the web hosting part, we will be making about $12.00 per client

On the other end of the spectrum, we run an affiliate system for merchant accounts. We have had a lot of click thru but no one yet has yet to sign up via an affiliate.

We signed up for afew others & I wanted to sign up for a couple of other (seems like some good affiliates) but my business partner does not want to put out money to become an affiliate. It seems that is just another money maker for the company sponsoring