SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am looking for a review for http://www.survivor-chat.com/

Since, it is vBulletin I am wishing for critiques and opinions on the colors mostly.

I have chosen to use the Survivor colors and many of the Survivor die hards seem to like it, but I want your opinion.

On another one of my posts you guys seem to hate the colors saying they are too drab and hurt the eyes. I would like to keep the colors, but I am open to changing them around, going lighter etc.

Would you please give me your opinion, as I want it to be perfect for the start of the show Jan. 28 when all my visitors will start to come and discuss the show.

Feel free to sign up if you wish. I am also looking for a few moderators that are familiar with vBulletin. If interested email me at asamsonoff@home.com
    "Over 2200 Free Webmaster Resources and Tools"
    Search through our continually updated directory of free webmaster resources.
    WebmasterLane.com

A home in the hills where the grass grows green an
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The background colors are great! The colors I would be more concerned with would be the links. Blue on black DOES NOT WORK, and when you rollover the links for the categories, the red gets lost in the background color and makes it difficult to read. Also, the yellow text on the navigation buttons at the top is difficult to read on it' background. Definitely stay with the "Survivor" colors for the backgrounds though, just rethink the text colors.
    Think beyond what is common...
    www.jaggedknife.com
    www.fusion-in.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok, in my opinion it IS too bright...but i have never seen the Survivor series

however...2 things i would change:

1: the blue on black links...its too hard to read
    2: the buttons on the top (profile, register etc.) i couldn't read them with the green outline

thanx!
    Nearly 7 years old!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Criticism ahead........

1) Them colors hurt my po' little eyes! Sorry, but I would not stick around to read more. Blue on black is bad but white on orange as your main body format is painful. Black, blue, orange, green, and burnt sienna do not make a pleasing color scheme.. for a logo maybe, but not an entire site. Check out the network's Survivor site for inspiration on how to match it and keep it readable.

2) The "profile" button on top of every post is slightly mis-aligned lower than the other buttons. Also if you make them in Photoshop, try rendering the text layer and then doing a slight unsharp mask on it to improve readability.

Good luck with it

OG
    Overgrow the Government: The Edge Forums
    presented by Overgrow Marijuana Magazine

*warning: adult content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's too ... bright. The bright blue on bright orange definitely doesn't work, it clashes. The icons at the top are very difficult to read. Also, why do you have so many forums? If I were you, I'd condense things until they become more popular. No one wants to get involved with a community that has half its forums with 0 posts. At least having a smaller number of forums would make it look like there are more posts.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, I have done a little modification of colors on the main page only for a test. Tell me what you think.

I feel I made it a little more soothing to the eyes. I will be working on changing the colors of the icons after I finish the overall colors of the site.

*M James*

I took your advice and reduced the forums for now and will increase them as traffic increases.

I would like your opinions.
    WebmasterLane.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Better. Still not soothing or pleasing, but I wouldn't click away immediately. The compression of the forums makes it look tighter and not as empty.

Unless you like seeing your name in print, removing the "moderated by" on the index.php is a great way to speed up your forum. You should do it in the php as well as the template, it will cut a good number of queries off the main page.

The top yellow on orange profile/register buttons literally hurt to look at them (ala Wired hehe)

I will say your color scheme is unique and vibrant.. not necessarily easy to read, but it definitely leaves an impression.
    Overgrow the Government: The Edge Forums
    presented by Overgrow Marijuana Magazine

*warning: adult content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the topic, but the colors are just too bright.

Might I recommend these colors, instead?

- #DB9F37
    - #ECBD6A

Those may or may not work - I just grabbed them quickly. I think they're significantly more pale than yours, which is really what the site needs, I think.

Aside from the color issue, your board is fabulous. The accompanying graphics work well with the rest of the site, and the logo fits nicely as well.

Browser: Opera 5.0
    Operating System: Windows ME
    Screen Resoolution: 800x600

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have tried the colors which you provided, but they just display a default background color. They seem to not be actual colors. Or at least Dreamweaver does not work with them.
    WebmasterLane.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's very odd - they're definintely colors though. Generated the RGB values in Paint Shop Pro.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love the colours but just like what James said, the blue and the orange doesn't mix.

Try changing the image for the new post\no new post.

It might help.

Another thing to take note off is that, on the top right hand side of the page you have the "Make Money" session. In my opinion, you should consider removing it cos, it tend to make the page look unprofessional. Somehow it gives me an impression that this site is built to make money and that the site has been spammed before (I was spammed many times).

Thanks all that I can think off Good luck !

SitePoint Addict michaelwheaton's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the site looks really good and I like the colour scheme. Good luck with it!