SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"We Moved" notification?

OK, now that I am in the new office (see thread http://www.sitepoint.com/forums/showthread.php?t=145268) I need to notify my clients and prospects. I can't decide if I should do a personalized letter or a snazzy post card to let everyone know where we are.

Opinions?

Anybody that has moved recently...what did you do?

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmmm...good question. How about both??

I can't speak from experience here, but I think it'd be nice to send a personalized letter and then follow up with a postcard "just in case" they missed the letter for some reason.

For that matter - maybe a quick phone call along with a reminder postcard would work well?? It would certainly be a nice touch to check-in with your existing clients by phone to see how they're doing and also notify them of the address change.

Steve
    Web Designer or Small Business Owner?
    Need More Leads and More Clients?
    Get Free Marketing Tips, Tricks and Ideas Here!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm always checking in by phone with my clients and have been letting them know about the move. They definately need contact info in black and white too :-) I have also decided that email is NOT the way to do it.

It's also a good "reason" to do some mail marketing to prospects. I'm trying to figure out what would be best for that group. My existing clients are less of an issue, for obvious reasons.

Houston, Tejas; Future Capital of the World
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Moving is an excellent opportunity to send a mass mail to everyone you've done biz with.

We usually send out a mail merged letter with some new biz cards inside with the new info. For the special clients, we usually also jot down a personalized PS at the bottom.
    Brian Poirier
    SunStockPhoto: Stock Photos, Fine Art Photos, Event Photography

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelsun
    Moving is an excellent opportunity to send a mass mail to everyone you've done biz with.

We usually send out a mail merged letter with some new biz cards inside with the new info. For the special clients, we usually also jot down a personalized PS at the bottom.
    I agree. Right off the bat a snazzy postcard is a nice touch for those in the design field (any reason to show off your skills is a good one). After that, a letter to formally inform them of the change. A regular letter from your company will most likely not be thrown away on accident, while a postcard could be. And like Steelsun said, always include some of your new business cards inside which has the new address on it.

For those old clients that you haven't worked with for a while, I would go with the postcard and a phone call. Again, the postcard is more to show your skills vs the actual info. The address change is a great way to initiate a dialog over the phone again and perhaps get the them back on the "current client" list.

Good luck! (congrats on the office!)
    Kevin Hauge : Modern Leaf Design : Follow Us on Facebook
    Client Axis v.08 - client / project management script

The knight who said ni! RockyShark's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A postcard is nice - a bit different from a standard letter. How many would you need to send out - can you handwrite a message on the back?

I received one recently and the fact that it had been handwritten was an excellent touch. In fact, if I look under this pile on my desk I probably still have it... Would I have kept a mail-merged letter? Probably not.

But of course, if you're sending out 500 then do the mail merge!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The best thing to do is to send out something your clients are more likely to keep/pin up. This way when ever they need you they can get your details quickly and easily. Its unlikely they will keep a letter, but a post card - maybe.
    -Daniel Kerton,
    Humor