User Tag List

Hybrid View

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

I would like to know if everybody, using different browsers and screen resolutions, can see my website the way I want you to see. Could you check it out and see if you see it right?? Any problem contact me, PLEASE...

Thank you in advance,
    Carolina

Don't get too close, I bite! Nicky's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please tell us what your homepage address is!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's at http://souvenirs.terrashare.com But you could just click at the little red house in the top of my message

Don't get too close, I bite! Nicky's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He he

That's way TOOOOOOOOOO technical for me!

I am on IE 5.5 and 1024x768 and it looks fine. The only bit that looks odd is the picture in the frame at the bottom right. I suggest that you submit your site to the Web Reviews Forum and get an in depth Review from our members.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the nice website review tip.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My screen resolution is 1024 by 768, but i still find that i have to scroll too much to get to the main content.

There are a lot of line spacings at the top, and repeating the title of the website twice is a little wierd.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It kept loading and reloading for me. Eventually it did load and it looked pretty good. Other than the reloading and loading it turned out nice. Good work.
    --
    Coolrandomfree- Download stupid movies and do stupid stuff!
    Coolrandomfree Message Boards

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have IE 5.5 and 1600x1200, and the red menu that is normally on top of the text box at lower resolutions is on the left side of the text box..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WHY DOES IT KEEP RELOADING?

in IE5.5 -> Page keep sreloading. But the first time I went there it didn't reload..Maybe I shouldn't have played with that monkey..=)

in Netscpae 4 -> Netscpae 4 doesn't support the page in the frame in the middl..dunno what that called..

in Mozilla -> all looks good except fo rthe IE image at the bottom which has a horizontal and vertical scrollbar.

I'm viewing it all at 1024 by 768 pixels at 32bit True Colour

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world."
    -- Albert Einstein

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Internet Explorer 5.0, Windows 98, and an 800x600 resolution - every works fine, and the imbedded frame looks pretty dang cool.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's got good potential. Maybe you should just keep everything basic, even though your frame is really cool, I think you should stick to something every browser and resolution can see.
    --
    Coolrandomfree- Download stupid movies and do stupid stuff!
    Coolrandomfree Message Boards

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am in a 800 by 600 your site looks great.
    "Don't sweat the small stuff"

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I looked at it @ 800 x 600 w/ a cable modem - loaded great and looks fine.
    Marilyn
    cityhall@neo.rr.com

midnight coder
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IE 5.5 1024*768, the popups and the reloading is really annoying. Why does it keep reloading?

You should get rid of the stuff at the top of the frame, so the main content can be shown without any scrolling. You have two pics that says Souvenir's Shop, which is unnecessary, they should be text, not pic anyway.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Using Netscape6 @ 1024x768 resolution it looks amazing. I wanted to ask about the "inline" frames. I've never seen that before, but it works in NS6. It looks absolutely great though. There are two things I would recommend (I don't mean to sound smug at all, so don't interpret it that way). >=^) Get yourselt a real domain name like souvenir-shop.com/ (if it's not taken...), and that will definitely increase your sales. Also, get a rating from like TRUSTe privacy or something - that will also tremendously boost your sales due to the customers having a guarantee that you are "for real," so to speak. If you do that, you'll recieve.

For the domain name, if you don't want to shell out $70+ dollars, go with http://www.000domains.com/ and for the TRUSTe thing, check out http://www.truste.com/.

Happy Coding!

-Colin Anderson
    http://www.htmletc.net/
    There are two ways to write error-free code. Only the third one works.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You must have a hatred of Netscape under version 6? NS doesn't know what an iframe is

OK Setup: I viewed your site on my company laptop win2k at 1024x768 using both IE 5.5 and NS comunicator 4.7

The site looks nice and is a great start!!! May I point out some improvements??? These are just some pet peaves of my own so you don't have to follow them if you don't want to...

P: Double scroll bars!!! With your site in one and the iframe in the other it can be confusing to newbies on the net... You should at least think about correcting this to support 800X600

Fix: I would suggest, if the content is short, on your main page then cut it down to size so your whole page displays without a scroll bar. (ie height about 540 or so???)
    Then the only scroll bar will be the iframe.

P: Netscape prior to version 6 doesn't support iframe.

Fix: A little research into how http://www.k10k.com did their site using dHTML instead of an iframe will allow most browsers to see your site. (I may even look into this one -- if I figure it out before you do then I will let ya know

P.S. I use an iframe on my home page so I must not like netscape much either

I hope this helps you and again Nice site!!!

Late
    body { background:#000000; color:#000000 }
    HEY, WHO TURNED OUT THE LIGHTS?!?
    Easy come easy go!!!
    CryingWolf