SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

worse use of flash I've seen in a while

I don't know how I found this site but the flash intro is so long and so boring that I don't think a visitor could actually stand viewing it for more then 8 seconds.

I wonder if anyone can actually stand the pain of this to tell me how bad the main site is once it finally loads.

http://www.wirefab.com/

Anyone?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the404.com
    I don't know how I found this site but the flash intro is so long and so boring that I don't think a visitor could actually stand viewing it for more then 8 seconds.

I wonder if anyone can actually stand the pain of this to tell me how bad the main site is once it finally loads.

http://www.wirefab.com/

Anyone?

Couldn't really tell you, cause i'm not sure exactly which one of the pages was supposed to be the "main site"...the flash loading screens just kept coming.

Wow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got tired of reading all those CAPS. After 2 minutes of viewing the site, I still could not figure out what exactly they are selling.

It's sites like these that give Flash a bad name. Geez... listen those sound effects! It's been a while since I've since a site use fx like that.

The tweening ..... agh!!!!

I do hope that the site won't change its design however - I could do a comparison thing with a client... if you opt for a cheap webdesigner, this is what you get... .
    I'm a web developer..... I think?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 00.ZoMbiE
    I do hope that the site won't change its design however - I could do a comparison thing with a client... if you opt for a cheap webdesigner, this is what you get... .

I never thought of doing that ... seems like a good selling point if a client balks at the cost of a project.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think that's the reason why ugly pages exists.:P
    I'm a web developer..... I think?

Ensure you finish what you sta bronze trophy John Colby's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the404.com
    I've just left this going for 20 minutes while doing other things and I'm none the wiser.

I hope they don't change it - my favourite crap commerce site changed its design this autumn and I've been looking round for another one. And if anything this one's better because you can't actually contact them! I've bookmarked it. My students will love it!

And maybe its something to do with the name - for a non-flash site that tells you not a lot see http://www.wirefab.net - apparently not connected. But this one uses applets for simple hovers - have a look at the code source.
    John
    No electrons were harmed during the creation, transmission
    or reading of this posting. However, many were excited and
    some may have enjoyed the experience.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL Talk about cheese! Thats pants. That's the sort of site that should be listed on weppagesthatsuck.com!
    Slick!