SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Hybrid View

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What does Authorize.net ReSeller listing mean?

Hello. This is in addition to a previous post about MerchantPLUS.

This company is listed on Authorize.net as a reseller. Does this mean they have some sort of credentials or been verified by Authorize.net as a company?

I would assume that they would check to make sure that a fraudulent wouldn't make it on a reference list.

What do you think?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This means that the company is authorized to resell their gateway. Keep in mind when you you get a merchant account - two companies are involved (well more - but that comes later) - a CC processor (in your case MerchantPlus) and a gateway (in your case, authorizenet.com).

Make sure all fees are disclosed. A lot of times - the processor that is offer authorizenet.com does not disclose their fees - gateway feee, statement fee, transaction fees, set up fees. And these will vary from merchant to merchant offering authorizenet.com

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Corey Bryant
    This means that the company is authorized to resell their gateway.

I realize this, but can any startup become authorized, or do you have to meet some sort of specs? Thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On this page: http://www.authorizenet.com/reseller/
    The Authorize.Net Reseller program caters to financial institutions, Independent Sales Organizations (ISO) and Merchant Service Providers (MSP) capable of creating new merchant accounts on one of the Authorize.Net compatible transaction processing networks.
    So as long as you are one of the above then you can do it. To become an ISO - it is tricky & you need to be registered bya Visa/MasterCard. I am not cerrtain how much it costs anymore. One of my other companies I think actually is - but that company I do not have too much to do with anymore. If I remember correctly it costs them between $5,000-$10,000 to become an ISO.