SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Recently, I face a big problem with cj.com. They showed me that I made sales for their merchants. However, sales and commission amount are equal to $0. I asked for merchants and merchants confirmed me that I have given them sales. So, I should get commission. However, cj never seems willing to correct it even though I sent email explaining to them my situation several times within a month. The tracking is still continously wrong.

Anyone facing the same problem? Who should I blame for? cj or merchants? How can I get the "cheated" commission back?

If you are facing the same problem? Sales = $0 commission = $0 occured in your transaction report, Email me. Let us discuss how to alter the situation.
    Addto! e-commerce and Internet Marketing Directory
    Collects and refers hundreds of ecommerce, internet marketing, and website development solutions and advice to small business owners.
    You can access various domain registration info. too

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been having something similiar like I will send them hits but I only get credit for like mayeb every second one.

There impressions are also off. For example today I have had like 1000 impressions of a certain banner, but CJ says only 200 although I know I am right since I have a banner rotator.
    "Over 2200 Free Webmaster Resources and Tools"
    Search through our continually updated directory of free webmaster resources.
    WebmasterLane.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Addto: I think that's probably a CJ problem, but you could look at your transactions history to see if any were reversed by merchants - in which case you should contact them.

As far as tracking of hits/impressions I think you're correct and there is a problem. Just today, I checked the stats for the affiliate program I run and the total impressions went from tens of thousands, to a mere few hundred! That's totally ridiculous, I checked it out by visiting an affiliates site and making sure the banner loaded.. it loaded fine but was never recorded by CJ. All transactions today worked fine though.

It's odd, but perhaps the scheduled maintainance tomorrow will fix it.
    Jeremy Watts :: Co-Founder
    Modevia Web Services :: Experience the Difference.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope so. But the most angry thing is that I tell them the fact, and merchants confirmed me that I made a sale for them. However, cj said they will advise merchants to correct my commission. Then, nothing happens. When I sent them emails again, they just ignore them.
    Addto! e-commerce and Internet Marketing Directory
    Collects and refers hundreds of ecommerce, internet marketing, and website development solutions and advice to small business owners.
    You can access various domain registration info. too

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am having the same problem with CJ. They are only reporting 10% of the CPM's, Click thru's and leads. I track each of them thru my banner rotator.

Then last week I sent out 25,000 emails from my newsletter and they only counted 11 click thrus for this free pay-per-lead program. OUCH! As a result, I will be no longer promoting CJ programs until the problem is fixed. I also removed CJ program links from my website.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hello everyone !

i actually work at Cj (in the Client Service department, but am currently moving to Technical Integration) and came across Jimsun's problem. (hey Jimsun !.. 1 down, 2 more to go

as long as i have worked here, i haven't ran into a tracking problem that has lied on our side.
    almost 80% of the time, the affiliates code is somehow modified (most html editors tweak our code majorly), which doesn't allow the variables to pass.

in this case, the merchants weren't populating the amount variable correctly, hence the zeroed sales.
    we initially verify the code is working on a merchant's side, but often times they end up changing their sites layout and (somehow!) forgetting our code.

just wanted to let you all know that any of us in client service will be happy to investigate any problems.
    (personally, i love going to affiliate / merchant sites and finding out where the discrepencies are

i used to be an affiliate before working here and have worked with other affiliate programs (linkshare , befree... you name em' .. but the people here are awesome and are definitely willing to investigate any problems.

(if you ever run into a client service person who doens't help.. tell them to run the situation by me (dylan)

good luck and happy commission earning !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CJ not to blame? Yeah, right...

OK then dylanguy, explain this.

I go to your site. I join a merchant program. I highlight and CTRL-C to copy the HTML that you give me. I paste it DIRECTLY into my web based (Duh!) banner rotator software.

After a couple of days (small site), I have 1000 impressions logged, but CJ.com is reporting around 300 impressions.

Also, I have had a couple of successful sales through this merchant. If it were to be my or the ad rotator's fault, surely it would be wrong ALL of the time?

The same happens with CPC ads. I log 100 clicks, CJ logs 20. The 80% you quoted is CJ's error ratio, methinks.

People are complaining all over the web about this, surely you aren't saying that only 1 in 5 of those people is actually right in saying that CJ.com isn't tracking properly?

Also, why is it that I earned enough revenue through CJ to get a cheque in October and yet my cheque is being processed NOW? Towards the end of January?

And why is it that in the middle of the month, when payments get sent out, your site goes haywire? For the past three months (around the 14th-20th), the date on my "CJ Affiliate Manager" page has shown that we were in the 1900's, but you say that all clicks are being tracked?

If you can't even get the darned date right, you can't be getting much else right.

I *THINK* that CJ needs to apologise to its customers and sort it out, rather than just sending out the standard email everytime someone complains. I think it says that your affiliates have made $12,000,000 on your main page, how much of that has actually been recieved by the affiliates?

Don't think that you are the only company getting it wrong, oh no. Tradedoubler is just as bad. 100 clicks at 10p (GB) a click makes 2.20? I think not TD....

Being based in the UK, it's hard to find decent ad networks or affiliate programs. The only UK based one is UKAffiliates, and they are pay per lead (and not great programs at that....) Does anyone know of a DECENT, ACCURATE, ad network/affiliate network that pays in UK Pounds?

<Edited by KMxRetro on 01-19-2001 at 07:45 PM>

SitePoint Co-founder Matt Mickiewicz's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Ken,

As Dylan stated, your best bet is to contact Customer Support at CJ with your problem and as much documentation as you can provide. I'm sure that if you approach them in a courteaous manner they will be more than happy to work with you to resolve the issue. After all, they have a reputation to uphold among all their member sites as well as merchants.

I think you'll end up finding the inaccuracy between your ad rotators stats and that of CJ's lies in the caching of the ads.
    Matt Mickiewicz - Co-Founder
    SitePoint.com - Empowering Web Developers Since 1997
    Follow me on Twitter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's too late Matt. I gave up after my 9th response of "Check that your ad software doesn't mess around with the URL's that we provide".

Needless to say, I checked. Thanks anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is not your ad software KMx.

Considering some companies don't pay up the money that they owe despite the sale or lead that you provide, CJ maybe compensating it by passing it to its affiliates(you). IMO. I know of some radio stations on one of the largest market in the US that are still trying to collect money from dotcoms who refused to pay that advertised last Spring.

Changing your ad software, building pages in Dreamweaver, Coldfusion, Frontpage or building it out of notepad won't make any difference. The problem lies in CJ tracking. This issue has been addressed in many forums like Gethigh forums, newsgroups, as well as Geekvillage without any resolution.
    This problem has been around for more than 1 month. But what really made me dump CJ was after I sent out my newsletter to my 25,000 subscribers and not a single commission was generated from a pay per lead program. Not to mention, only 11 clicks was tracked by CJ, as compared to over 4000 clicks registered by my banner software.

Darn no grocery money! I have been eating beans and rice for 21 consecutive days.

<Edited by Postman1 on 01-20-2001 at 06:33 AM>