SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was reading a thread that was started about needing some web design work. And aspen replied saying that he had heard about someone sending out 25 letters to businesses and getting 35,000 dollars in work in a week. I would love to have a tenth of that.. Can anyone expanded on this ?

I am going back to school in a week and I am thinking about sending out letters to businesses but my problem is I don;t know what businesses to target or really how to present myself. How do I explain to them that if they don't have a presence on the internet no mater how small that they are losing out.

If anyone has any idea's please let me know

Thanks

Chuck

Here is the thread with aspens reply
    http://www.sitepointforums.com/showt...threadid=14066
    "Happiness doesn't find you, you find happiness" -- Unknown
    www.chuckknows.com

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First, look for all comments made by the famous Jackman who treats his customers like gods. He gives some excellent tips for dealing with 'em.

If I were you, I'd target each individually. You can make them all generic ("Dear LalaShop, we think you would benefit....") and get 1 out of 100 responding, or target them each individually and get 50% responding. If they'd like to know more, set up a quick website for them with some ideas (make it a guided tour) and how you can help, etc. Include contact information at the end.

Unless aspen knows the person who got $35k of work in a week personally, I'll bet he lied to aspen. Companies just wouldn't respond to generic form letters all that much, and if they do then maybe they're not the smartest client you'd like to work with.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you have time you can just walk into a shop and ask to speak to the manager. Also, look into joining the local Chamber of Commerce.
    Ocean View Host - Affordable web hosting plans for any business.
    Modern Technology, Old Fashioned Value & Service!
    U.S. Merchant Services - Reliable merchant account services for all business!
    Quality People Providing A Quality Service!