SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy Am I getting ripped off?

I've had my ecommercer site for a year now. I've just gotten very skeptical about things, someone please tell me if I'm getting ripped off.

Background: My site is a game trading site, the payment processing is worked into the site, users enter a credit card to pay their fees for trading games.

I got my CC prosesssing stuff through a company called Bankcard Technology.

I am currently paying Eprocessingnetwork.com $15 a month to process my credit card payments, the payments are then sent to 1st National Processing who I pay the discount rate and a $35 monthly fee. I am also paying a company called Integrated Leasing $47 for "financing" me this credit card processing unit that they say is for processing in person credit cards but Bankcard Tech. says is for the software wait for the leasing wait (couldnt make their mind up)

So basically, I'm paying $100 a month for being able to process credit card payments. Can someone tell me whats going on or is this right?

If you have any questions for me just ask.

thanks guys

Formerly known as RockNRollPig Shpigford's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems like 2checkout.com will let you do all that for $50 a month...but 2checkout.com has a bad reputation amont most people I've talked to. Not sure about PaySystems.com but I know a lot of people use them as well...so those are 2 to check out. But just from reading all that, it sounds to me like there are way to many middle men...it shouldn't take like 4 different companies to process your credit card...just 1.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What is the Integrated Leasing payment I'm paying for? Why would I need a leasing company and what would they lease me? wouldnt eprosessingnetwork.com just process the CCs and but them in my bank account?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think your best bet is too ask the companies themselves what all the extra payments are for
    Reaction Designs
    Quick, Easy and Affordable Designing!

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i did, Integrated leasing didnt know why i was signed up to lease a credit card thing that processed cards in person and so I called Bankcard who signed me up for them and he said they didnt know what they were talking about and that I need it. I would call integrated leasing back but they are on the east coast and they close at 5.

i figured a lot of you have CC processing, so you might recognize the fees or something

He's No Good To Me Dead silver trophybronze trophy stymiee's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You're getting ripped off. Period. Get a true merchant account (not some third party processor) and use a gateway. You'll pay less and have more control over everything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would have to agree with stymiee. Too many companies are involved - you need a processor & a gateway. No other third company.

He's No Good To Me Dead silver trophybronze trophy stymiee's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Check out Corey's offer for starters. It certainly is a better deal then what you have now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Stymie. Myke - is this an internet or brick & mortar account. I assumed an internet just because that is usually the case on these forums.