SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Quickie question regarding mouseovers in here...

I'm new at PHP, but am gathering ideas for future use in projects I want to do (inquiring minds wanna know!)

Does anyone have a relatively short explaination at how they got the mouseovers in forums posts to preview what's been typed in the text field? I tried searching on this topic at a few different sites to no avail and vbulletin's site is down so I haven't a clue if they talk about it either...just wanted to see if anyone had a simple solution to this newbie question...

Regards,
    Ian

********* Callithumpian silver trophy freakysid's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi this is not a php question. This is simple HTML. You just put what you want to appear as the value of the title attribute in the anchor tag. You can just look at the source code of the topic listing page and you will see:
    Code:
    <a href="showthread.php?t=145806" title="I'm new at PHP, but am gathering ideas for future use in projects I want to do (inquiring minds wanna know!)

Does anyone have a relatively short explaination at how they got the mouseovers in forums posts to preview what's been typed in the text field?  I tried searching on this topic at a few...">Quickie question regarding mouseovers in here...</a>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by freakysid
    Hi this is not a php question. This is simple HTML. You just put what you want to appear as the value of the title attribute in the anchor tag. You can just look at the source code of the topic listing page and you will see:
    Code:
    <a href="showthread.php?t=145806" title="I'm new at PHP, but am gathering ideas for future use in projects I want to do (inquiring minds wanna know!)

Does anyone have a relatively short explaination at how they got the mouseovers in forums posts to preview what's been typed in the text field? I tried searching on this topic at a few...">Quickie question regarding mouseovers in here...</a>
    The title="" attribute is cdata and the W3C doesn't really like line breaks in cdata so it's not supported well in Gecko/Opera browsers.
    So hold me when I'm here
    Right me when I'm wrong
    Hold me when I'm scared
    Love me when I'm gone.