User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Enter customers' orders myself?

2co does not allow me to enter my customers info myself

'No. You may not enter orders for customers. Part of our order identification system, fraud detection service and order tracking depends on having the customer input their orders on our SSL secure order page.'
    http://www.2checkout.com/faqs.htm <---about half way down pg.

I can see this being a problem. What happens if the customer calls in an I take the order over the phone? Instead of taking the order over the phone, I must make the customer hangup login and place the order online. Increasing the chance of losing a sale.

I then noticed http://www.merchantexpress.com/ There a local company I found on google. They are offering Authorize.Net license fee rebated back to you. The rates are also better with a monthly free of only $9.99.

Authorize.net charge was one of the reasons I went with 2checkout. With this cost removed are there may other costs that I would incur?

I am projecting sales of over 2k per month. Will I be looking at a much larger upfront cost if I go with the second option? Would it increase hosting cost? Would I need my own ssl certificate?

Thanks for any help...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2CO is a third party processor. Most third party processors will not allow a virtual terminal because there is not that much of a background check.

Authorizenet.com is a gateway only. http://www.merchantexpress.com/ is the processor. You will be paying something to both. I had one customer switch over to us the other day because she was paying two statement fees - one to Authorizenet.com & one to her credit card processor.

It seems like you are vying for a merchant account at this time? Having your own merchant account can be somewhat beneficial. Your name is on the CC statement. As long as you are processing over $1,000 a month - the extra fees of having your own merchant account are covered.

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's correct - you cannot punch in orders manually with a third party account. The reason you can't is because it would violate THEIR merchant agreement.

I would suggest getting your own merchant account if you are doing $1000 or more in sales per month.
    5:4 Automated Traffic Exchange for Content Websites
    http://www.FunPageExchange.com/webmaster.php

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the replys

How much more would I be looking at on a monthly basis. I am projecting around 20 transaction pre month with the avg. being $199.

Will using a mechart greatly increase the cost? the monly is only $9.99 for statements and a % of sales are there other hidden costs or costs that I am missing.

Thanks again

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Doing one comparison for $199 at 20 transactions at about 2.25% discount rate and a $0.25 transaction rate that is about $94.60. You might have a few other fees, - possibly a statement fee, customer service fee, internet gateway fee a month - but should be about $115 a month for almost $4,000.00 in sales.

The above is from a company that I know. Of course - you will want to read the merchant agreement to make sure you understand all fees involved. Some might try to offer you "free" something - but you are paying for it somewhere along the lines.

To start a merchant account - it is usually less than $200.00 - and sometimes you can find specials for less than $100.00.

As far as hidden costs or what else you might be missing - well you will be paying Authorizenet.com a fee as well to use their gateway.

Now comparing theirs, it is about $100.00. But that does not include the Authorizenet.com gateway or statement. I do not know what is normal for Authorizenet.com or not but I have had two clients switch because they were paying a statement fee to both their processor & to Authorizenet.com as well as a gateway fee to Authorizenet.com.

You can see - it is not much different but you will have to look more on their site to find the gateway fees.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BTW, 2CO's charges would be about $230 for the 20 transactions at $199.00