User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast Michael Randall's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rendiering issue in NN.7 and Opera

Hi,

I've got a browser rending problem that I've tracked down, but do not know how to correct.

I've built this site:

www.jayhallcarpenter.com

The left navigation panel is contained with a float:left div and the content of the page is contained in a float:right div. When the height on the content div is equal to or less than the navigation div all works well. But when the height of the content is larger, the entire div is forced to render below the naviagation div, instead of to the right.

In IE there is never a problem, but the problem shows up in both Netscape and Opera.

Does anyone know how to fix the problem?

Happy Holidays!

-Michael

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not 100% certain, but try removing the float: right definition from the content DIV.

Edit:

Yup. I just ported all your code over to my server and it renders fine in Mozilla.

http://www.rabbitcreative.com/guys-page.html

Doesn't render so well in Opera though. You probably want to define an arbitrary margin for your content DIV.

Edit:

Yup again. I put in a 200px margin in your content DIV and it looks fine. I don't have any of your pictures on my server, so what you're seeing isn't exactly how it will look if you decide to make the changes to your style sheet.

Hope this has helped. Good luck!