SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi everyone,

I just want to let everyone know that my site http://www.PDASquare.com has just been added to Yahoo's database today. And to think that our site has hardly been 2 weeks old.

We did no tweaking or whatsoever and submitted to their main site.

This is to encourage those who feel that paying for a listing in their database is a must.

Take care ppl!

P.S Btw, if you do have the time, do comment on the site pls!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't want to say anything for fear of being hit with rotten tomatoes, but my site was accepted into Yahoo the first time when it was only about 2 weeks old, too. (February, 2000). It was also in Yahoo Picks of the Week for 2-21-00, and in their current Picks of the Year!

I don't know how or why, but I think it shows that it's just a luck of the draw sort of thing. My site design is mediocre, especially when I first submitted it, but the content is really funny. I guess if someone there, for whatever reason, likes your site, you're golden. It only takes a couple of minutes to submit it, so you might as well give it a shot!
    Cheese-N-Rice - A daily comic strip.

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, since everyone is bragging, my site was entered in Yahoo about five days after it was submitted. I got most of my page views from them and still get a few even though my site isn't up anymore.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My site took forever. Yahoo! is the place where I get the most of my traffic, but I only get less than 5% of traffic from there (inlcuing their international directories) (most of my traffic is from repeat visitors and word-of-mouth). I thought it would be mych more, but Yahoo! has helped my traffic increase.
    -Nick

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay I can believe that a site may be accepted even if its only 2 weeks old. But a five days site is added to Yahoo! ?????????

I've been trying for Yahoo! I've submitted my site two times with almost 40 days gap. I'll submit my site again (after 2 months or so).

Please do pray for me :-)
    TinyPlanet.org
    Discuss and Debate World Events, Politics and Religion.
    Interact and Share your Views with People around the Globe.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It took me 2 months to get http://www.4thandlong.net listed! And of course I need to take it down for updates 2 weeks after I get listed!
    Paul Goodman
    www.thestands.com- Talk Sports and surf our network of sites.
    paul@thestands.com

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy Karl's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The people at Yahoo! don't know how long a website has been on the net, so saying you can't believe they added a site that was 5 days old really holds no merit.

For what it's worth I've never been listed in Yahoo! but have been top of the search results on many occasions.
    Karl Austin :: Profile :: KDA Web Services Ltd.
    Business Web Hosting :: Managed Dedicated Hosting
    Call 0800 542 9764 today and ask how we can help your business grow.

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've tried to get one of my sites added to the Yahoo! directory, but it has never been (after about six months of trying).

I'm trying with a different site (a better one, actually), so we'll see if this one gets added (and how long it takes if it does).

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unfortunately, I was not as lucky. My first site, AdmissionsEssays.Com, took 3 months to get listed and that is only after several tries. We spent tons of time on the content and web design but it still took forever. I think it all boils down to content, timing, and of course, luck.

To those who are not listed on Yahoo, you may want to read the article on Yahoo submissions at selfpromotion.com Live and learn, I guess.
    Oski
    Let's Swap Traffic! I put your url in my 5200 user email list, you put my popup on your site!
    http://freecollegestuff.cjb.net

********* Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sometimes a simple, kind call to their Directory Support Team in California can help. Or, try emailing them at url-support@yahoo-inc.com. Good luck.